How long should you date someone before you start thinking about marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no speciffic time frame. You should do it when you're comfortable with each other and know for certain that there would be no chances of a breakup. You have to live together a while so that you'd know if you can stay together for longer or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Long enough to know him well

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the couple. My sister and her boyfriend have been together almost 8 years

• at least 2-3 years basically ;-)

• 5+ years in my opinion

What Girls Said 10

• It's different for everyone. You just know. But it is best to wait a few years... You don't want to rush into things.

• i think you will have to know the person well before thinking about marriage

• At least six months. It depends on the maturity level of everyone involved and their ages as well. Two 14 year olds shouldn't be thinking about marriage at all for example.

• There's no time limit

• Well enough to know them to take the relationship to the next level, like engagement for instance.

• A few years at least!

• I personally would say after 1 and a half years

• At least 5 years.

• At least 4 years.

• I got married after four months but had known the guy as my friend for about four year prior