Do you have to ask a girl to be your girlfriend or do you date and became boyfriend and girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Either or. "The Conversation " can determine your status but isn't always necessary. My current boyfriend introduced me to someone as his girlfriend about 3 weeks in and made sure I was aware he had hidden his online profile. He made jokes about being "jealous" (he really isn't ) of a male friend. We also did all the "couple " things like meeting his friends. Date nights are already preset to my work schedule. Those types of things.

If you don't have any real idea where you stand, you can always have The Talk.

• We have done all that but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, i dont know if am his girlfriend or not?

• 5 month , long distance but we meet often and Skype everyday!

• Hmm. In that case you might need to clarify, although 5 months in you are probably already a couple. Something casual over Skype, like "I told my friend about the time we XYZ and she said I have a sweet boyfriend." See how he reacts to something like that if you are too nervous to ask outright. I have never been able to ask outright, personally, no matter how much I think he likes me. I always check for clues or work it in casually. Some people are perfectly ok asking straight up, I never have figured out how.

What Guys Said 6

• guess it's a "natural evolution" basically...

u start datin... and...1 day u'll end up being a couple basically 8)

• Well I assume if a girl accepts a date invitation at the very least she is not fucking anybody else. The boyfriend girlfriend is more of an evolution over time.

• Well I had to ask (confess?) but we had been hanging out a lot prior for like a year.

• I usually wait for some form of emotional connection to happen and then try an see where that goes.

• I believe in trial and error logic. So, I will first date her and then relationship.

• Some people like the formality of it, so they'll ask

What Girls Said 5

• I think he needs to ask.

• In elementary, middle, and high school people automatically became boyfriend and girlfriend when asked without dating. After high school you have to date and then ask to go steady/ be in a monogamous relationship A. K. A boyfriend and girlfriend.

• So is itathere valid question to ask a women if she's sleeping with anybody or when her last sexual encounter was.

• I normally ask guys straight out about their sexual history during the getting to know you phase, but I know everyone is different. There is really no right way to ask that would prevent someone from getting offended. You really just have to ask at the right time. In terms of asking if someone is currently sleeping with someone at the moment I guess you could say "When was you last sexual encounter?" I know it's straight forward but if you are already having a sex talk then it's fine. You just can't be talking about ice cream one minute and then ask her about her sexual past right after.

• I like the formality of it as I don't like to assume things.

• You just date them. You don't ask. And if they like you, they will keep coming on dates.

• I personally find it ridiculous when you HAVE to ask. I feel like you should kind of know, but I'm opposed to asking either. I think bottom line for me, dating makes you boyfriend and girlfriend, but if you HAVE to ask... just no... no comment.