Friendship over boyfriend?

So this really cute guy has been asking me for a date for a few weeks. I'd really love to go but my best (male) friend, who happens to be guy, has been in love with this guy for years. Obviously he'd never have a shot at him, but I think it'd break his heart if I actually went out with the guy. I don't wanna risk our friendship for a guy. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• tell your friend that you don't like him the way he likes you. he might be a little hurt, but he'll have to get over it.
    you shouldn't have to be alone forever because u are afraid of hurting him. he'll eventually meet someone else thats he's into. and you'll both be happy :)

What Guys Said 3

• then don't... u'll betray yer friend i believe... :-)

• Tell your guy friend that the other guy asked him on date. If he is a good friend then he will probably tell you to go ahead because the other guy doesn't seem to be interested in your friend.

• persue it if he likes you and you like him go for it if it takes losing him cool do whats best for you

What Girls Said 5

• If you wanna go out with him, just do it. I'm sure your friend will be fine.

• Bros over hoes, girl, bros over hoes.

I think it's the best to talk about this situation with your friend - if he's not okay with you going out with the guy you might consider the situation again. Just don't jump into a relationship without letting him know. Then he'd think you were scheming behind his back. I think the best thing is to make him understand the situation. He might be angry but you can try to preserve the friendship somehow. Time heals wounds.

• hell no get the dick

• Talk to your best friend and ask him if it's okay

• Hun, stuff like that has happened to me too. Talk with your friend. Just c how he feels.