Not comfortable yet?

So my family is pressuring me and making me feel like crap because my boyfriend hasn't approached them yet to talk to them and get to know them. I explained this to my boyfriend and I also told my boyfriend and my family that I'm not comfortable enough with that yet anyways. I mean I want to know that we are going to be committed first before I bring him home to my parents. He understands and he's not so sure how he feels right now either about meeting my family and parents. I mean we love each other and all but I guess that's too big of a step right now for us. How do I put it nicely to my parents that I'm tired of them making me feel like shit about them not talking to him etc? I'm tired of it. They keep saying shit like "if he really cares about you he would talk to us" etc. (Mostly my mom) I know he loves and cares for me. He shows it on a daily basis. Please help give me advice I'm tired of the nagging and my mom and parents making me feel like complete shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I keep getting in the same situation. Parents like this create kids who lie. I just don't tell them anything anymore. If they really trusted you were making the right decision, why do they have to pressure you into such things? No offence but it's bad parenting. Parents aren't there to force you into things, but to support you in what you do.

What Guys Said 3

• It's none of their business, honestly. I hate when parents do stuff like that. My mother has been known to bad-mouth the women I have dated. The nerve...

Just tell them to fuck off if they ever want any grandchildren.

• Lmfao yeah I know right!!! My mom does the same shit!!! I keep telling her ass to back the fuck off and she won't!!! If she ruins this for me I will never forgive her!!! Period!!

• Argh! I hope you can just focus on doing your own thing and pretend they are just holograms or something.

• Just flat out tell them you're not comfortable bringing him home yet. I get that. But you need to focus on you and him first, the family isn't going anywhere. They can wait 😉

• How old are u! Ur a big girl now u tell ur parents i dont know if he is the one so were being kinda casual.

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell your parents that you guys are taking your time.

• Just explain that you don't just want to bring people you are not sure of around. tell them when you feel the time is right you will be sure to bring him around.