Guys, Is he waiting for me to make the first move?

Long story short: I dated this guy 3 years ago but I ended it because I wasn't ready to get into a relationship again after a break up. Now three years on we have started back up again. We have been dating for just over 2 months now and I told him when we started dating that I wanted to take things slow, which we have. But now I want to move things on and I guess define what this is: I want him to be my boyfriend.

I think he wants the same thing but he never pushes me to talk about my feelings: both of us suck at it. But do I wait for him to bring up that conversation or is he waiting for me to bring it up because of our past history and the fact that I said I want to take it slow?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be holding back because you said you wanted to take it slow and he is respecting your feelings. He doesn't want to do anything to scare you away so he is waiting. . . and he may wait for a very long time. It is your responsibility to initiate this conversation. Please do it in person and not by texting!

What Guys Said 4

• as you know for us guys our brain doesn't work as fast as you girls so we do what u ask us to and since u told him the first time that i need to take things slow this is what he is doing and to say something u really need to respect that and appreciate it coz no guy will be faithful to a girl where nothing is specific i mean others would date other girls at the same time.. so defiantly he wants is and doesn't want to fuck up
    so just man up and tell him i want this this this and he will say yes for sure

• You told him you wanted to take things slowly and it sounds like he is really respectful of your wishes, that being said he isn't a mind reader (none of us are lol) express how your feeling and see what he has to say about the matter. If its going to work out communication is key.

• Cheers! I will think I will bite the bullet and tell him how Im feeling. If only you guys were mind readers! it would make everything a lot easier hahaha

• I just lost every hope for humanity.

• Talk things out communication is key

• I think you got it right. He probably expects you to let him know when you're ready.

• I think I agree with you but I know he doesn't like clingy girls and I know im not one of those but is there really a way to have that conversation with out sounding clingy?

• That seems way too simple!

you are incredibly complex creatures :P

• One thing I've learned over the years is that we tend to make relationships more complicated than they really are (both genders). We rationalize and explain away things with a variety of excuses, but the bottom line is that a person who is interested in you will want to be with you.