Girls, what is a good way to start meeting new people after being cheated on?

So a couple of years ago my ex and i broke up after a 5 year relationship. After getting rid of all of my friends for her because they were all apparently losers, she ended up cheating on me with some 40 year old that she worked with. Two years later i still find myself wondering why she would do that to me and have lost every bit of self confidence i had before meeting her. Can someone give me some tips on how to start living again

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been there. I went on a dating website but I was ready to move on. You have to get over what she did to you bc you can't bring that baggage into a new relationship and expect it to be an healthy relationship. It's nothing you did. She should have had enough respect to break it off and be an adult instead of cheat. That goes to show what her morals are. Not yours. Do not blame yourself or wonder why. You will never get the answer and even if she tries to explain or say she made a mistake it won't matter. You won't trust what she says. So move on and show her she won't hold you back. Start having confidence in yourself but tomorrow is never promised. It's been two years if you haven't healed from it yet maybe look into counseling. I went to that and it helped me a lot. I started to forgive myself for what happened bc I realized it wasn't my fault and there was nothing I could do to change it. A cheater is a cheater. That's something with in that person.

What Girls Said 4

• First you need to be able to put it to rest, it happened it sucked, but she did you a favor, even though it hurt you know she wasn't the person for you. She was young and an older guy seems interesting and she let herself get involved in the moment and attention. You shouldn't blame yourself for that. As for dating you should only do so if you are going in with a mindset that not every woman is going to cheat, cause it will create lots of insecurities and jealousy which porobably don't even have to be there.

• Sorry to hear that. Main thing is to do things that interest you and you enjoy. Go to social meet ups in your area, hang out in places you would like to meet someone like the beach, concerts, etc.

• for me... a year

• What do you mean by that?

• uh sorry I thought the question ask "what is a good time". I don't know, for me, love feeling is happens naturally. I found love during project attachment, after years stuck in the office. maybe you can consider travel, it's a good way to meet people and also know yourself better.

• Don't waste your time for people who don't deserve you. I hate it when people cheat on someone. Just trust me, you can get over and find your new love :)