Is being a secretary a tough job?

My younger sister tries to make me feel stupid for going to school for being a secretary/managementassistent and keeps making comments about it... like sneaky comments, like what she is doing is wayyyyyyy harder (accountancy) and that mine doesn't do much. I work HARD, its a tough job and a lot of responsibilities. I worked as an intern and went through a lot, i was working for 6 people and they expected me to be perfect. I feel she disrespects what i do and that makes me lose focus sometimes... why does she do that? and being a secretary... believe me i RESPECT the women who do that job. It is hard.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are 3 secretaries where i work! And there are 300 employees... They know us all by heart and seem like the busiest people around! Not only do they answer all the calls, they know what most people are doing where they are, they order or the catering and sort the mail and yeesh they even organise the company days out!
    I wouldn't want to be one because it looks so tiring but they obviously love what they do as they are super sweet and always smiling!

Definitely props to you for wanting to be one!
    Don't let other people's ideas make you feel down about yourself!

What Guys Said 3

• Most people dont realize how important a secretary is. I wouldn't have either but i got myself one this year and without her i would literally go crazy, she takes care of everything for me from who i need to call to when i shouldn't be disturbed by a client
    Your sister is wrong and you shouldn't really pay attention to her. An accountant can only tell you how much the company is making but a sec can tell you who is making what and how plus with whome

• yeah... u have 2 deal with millions of phone calls/day o_O

• Should this REALLY be under the dating section? That said, tell your sister how you feel about her comments, she might not know how it's making you feel.

• she does it on purpose

What Girls Said 1

• It can be stressing.