Should I just move on or wait for a little while?

I have been dating this guy for over 8 months. He's 28 turning 29 next month and I am 19. We are dating and having sex. He says we are "exclusive"... with that being said.. I asked him why was it so hard for him to ask me to be his girlfriend he tells me there's plenty of reasons but the most easiest answer is that " It doesn't feel right" is this just BS or do some guys really feel that way about making it offical? should i just call it quits or wait to see if he wants to be with me

P. S : he has said before he hasn't had a girlfriend in like 5 years he's had exclusive dating but hasn't made another girl his girlfriend in like 5 years

I'm in love with him also.. but I don't know what to do.. it's just so much a person can take..

Most Helpful Girl

• "Girlfriend" is honestly just a title, but if he really said there were plenty of reasons he doesn't want to ask you to be his girlfriend and that "it doesn't feel right", then I think you should move on from him. I think it's complete BS! I know some guys really aren't fond of titles and making things official, but seriously you deserve a little better than just "exclusive" after 8 months. Put it to him honestly. Tell him you want to be his girlfriend, and if he can't fulfill that, then I would save yourself some heartache and move on. I hope you figure it out!

What Guys Said 3

• i dont really get the meaning of dating someone and then not calling them your girlfriend/boyfriend
    i think this dude has some seriously twisted past and my advice would be to find someone else who isn't as complicated as him, life is too short to waste time on people who are twisted in themselves and can't rise up to the occasion

• He is playing you. You are just a toy for him. Keeping you exclusive will keep you on a string for a long time. He cannot take you around all his friends you are too young.

dump him, you can and will find better.

• " It doesn't feel right"<--- obviously dat means... "i don't want" 8)

What Girls Said 3

• Regardless of his past 8 months is plenty of time to decide if it feels right or wrong. Ask him one last time n then if you don't get what you want, which is the girlfriend status, move on.

• that is BS i dont understand the hesitation i would be insulted

• Possibly because if age difference
    or he doesn't know if he wants to stick with one person.
    I don't know him so I'm not sure, you can probably figure it out. Go with what you're thinking.