What is the difference between "cute and handsome"?

I am 19 years old college boy. People often say to me "you are cute". I wonder about difference between looking cute - looking handsome?

Most Helpful Girl

• Simple. Cute is dimunitive, sometimes teasing; it can also refer to 'ugly but adorable'. Cute is used interchangeably with handsome at times, but not a synonym for 'hot'. Babies and bugs are cute, but you wouldn't call them handsome, or hot. If you do, you're a psychologist's wet dream.

What Girls Said 6

• Nothing that I know of.

• Handsome is a bit stronger than cute. They both relate to looks. Cute might relate to behavior.

• Cute is more womanly faced (small features and stuff) like Dave Franco.
    Handsome is more manly faced (bigger features) like his brother James.

• I say 'you are so cute' when they say something funny or weird lol.
    'handsome' is mostly to really define my interest

• I say cute means you and personality and handsome is looks. But I don't know. Every person is different

• cute more like baby looking.
    handsome, like OMG :) in my opinion

What Guys Said 7

• When they use cute, it's most likely because they don't want to sound abrasive. It could very well mean that you look handsome but a lot of girls aren't forward enough to say that.

• 0|0
  • Cute means they love you like a brother! Handsome means they'll fuck you like no other haha

• Handsome means you look good as a real man... But there are some details can be defined as 'cute' ;) I think people say you are cute to mention you have some cute features ;) but becoming handsome is a little stronger description to me ^_^

• 2 sides of the same coin. Either way it's a win-win?

• Its a compliment in the end

• They're basically synonyms and used interchangeably, I think.