Can opposites be attracted to one another?

I am obviously referring to the saying opposites attract. I would more say more like the other way around. Have you ever dated somebody competely opposite from you? If not would/could you see yourself with someone competely opposite from yourself? I couldn't because that would mean they aren't strange. I am very quirky I would not be able to date somebody doesn't understand my quirky interests and quirky personality that comes with it.

The guy I like right now. It is so similar to me it is kinda scary. Just by looking at me you cannot tell I am a strange girl but I am really am one. And I take pride in it because I know there is somebody out there for everyone.
We do have good chemistry I have not felt it with anybody in a very long time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to date someone the absolute opposite of me, that is a recipe for disaster. However, you need someone who BALANCES YOU OUT. You don't want people who are exactly like you, especially who has all of the same flaws as you. If you have two forgetful people, you're boned. So it's good to find someone who has traits similar to you but someone who balances the things you lack or to have someone with their own interests separate from you.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as the basic relationship requirements are met by both people, and there is a mutual respect for each other's differences... then yes opposites definitely can make it work!

:)

• personallly not... but many people say opposites attract though o_O

• Yes they can my wife no drink smoke anything and she is with me

• Technically men and women are opposites to each other so in that case yes. Magnets are only attracted to opposites, sure you can force them to stay together with the same but as soon as the force that is forcing them together disappears they repel each other. Sorry, I like talking about magnets.

What Girls Said 8

• I have been attracted to polar opposites of me. I don't know if any of those guys have been attracted to me. But, yeah, I could definitely see myself with someone who's different than me, keeps things interesting.

• YES!!! they sure can. my husband and i are completely opposite.. like 100%. haha! and we are crazy about each other and super happy.

• Yes they can...
    I was an opposite...
    But I found the male version of me and I like him much better.

• I'm sure it can happen, but research shows the most successful relationships are between people who are similar, at least in areas such as values, goals, economic status, education, etc.

• I am currently seeing someone who's a complete opposite, but we see some stuff very much alike... and when we don't, we have those heated debates we both really enjoy.:D However, it's never boring.

• My boyfriend outgoing and I'm not

• It depends on what is opposite, however psychology suggests that we prefer people who are more similar to ourselves.

• Yeah protons and electrons prove it's possible.