Do you feel weird when people compliment you?

Personally I think I have ugly duckling syndrom when I was young they used to call me ugly but now after my 20s girls seem to like me more and they compleiment me out of the blue. I feel weird and embarassed and I stay quiet or say "thanks" and leave it at that , people seem anoyed or think I'm stuck up but I'm really not. I just get really nervous sometimes get red in the face and its very uncomfortable for me. I tend to be really quiet to not call any atention but when we're in a group there's always this girl or gay guy hitting on me.

Have you had similar experience? and how do I get over this, or what should i tell these people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes. It depends what they're complimenting me on.
    I have one aunt who tends to remind me all the time how 'uncute' I was when I was younger. She's fucking annoying.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, kinda, cause I know that I usually disagree but I still have to say thanks and then it sounds like I agree which I don't. 🙊 But I'm learning to like them compliments.

• I don't know exactly why but I always feel like people are just lying to me when they compliment me..

• Yes. One time I got complimented on my eyelashes (weird compliment in the first place) and I replied awkwardly by saying, "Thanks, I grew them myself.."

• i get happy

• Im the same way!!

• But sometimes I say something like okay in an angry way

• I dont get angry THEY get angry and think I'm stuck up all I say is thanks

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same experience when I was younger. You must come to accept the fact that you are attractive and then come to embrace it. It is a great way to boost your self esteem as well :P

• i feel like dat ----> \O/