Why does lack of confidence and/or social awkwardness effect men's chances of dating/marrying more than women?

A women can be unconfident, socially awkward and still have a good chance to date and/or marry, but if a guy is this way, his chances of dating are slim to none. Guys who aren't confident super social guru's are expected to "find" it. They are treated as its "buried deep within them".

• Because guys are biologically expected to be confident social gurus
  • Because its a stigma placed on men to be confident, always optimistic way more than women

Most Helpful Guy

• women don't make a move, more likely they as I like to say "they use 'the force'," to mind will guys into liking them and make the guy understand all the 'signals the girls think they are sending. Girls always have an agenda with guys, and believe that the guy they are into doesn't like them because they didn't talk to them or didn't do what they assume is normal or socially acceptable. social acceptability is made up bullshit. girls want this, girls want that, but guys aren't allowed to ask for anything, but a nice girl... well whatever that's how I feel right now

• You okay there, buddy? Working through some anger? Rough break up?

What Girls Said 6

• That isn't true. Insecure girls have a hard time as well. Simply because insecure people are hard to deal with.
    And I don't expect a guy to be 'super social guru's'. Don't make up shit.

• Did I imply that you did? I said men in general are expected to be social guru's. And a woman can be insecure and still get plenty of guys to approach her... Its not that way for men.

• Insecure people are unattractive because they tend to be needy and co-dependent. I don't want to have to support someone's entire emotional state along with my own. I don't have the energy for that.

• Because guys are the "hunters" expected to go after what you want.

• That hunter excuse is nothing but a get out of jail free card. Women pursue education, jobs, etc but then want to believe in gender roles when it comes to dating.

• Ok well be a Lion then and have all the Lioness's hunt and kill your food and bring it to your royal feet.

• I've never really seen a socially awkward man, but I've seen plenty of socially awkward women. But now that I think about it, I'm a women and you are a man, and because of that we are both more critical of our genders. We both tend to judge our own genders more. Maybe that's why we have different views.

• Both A and B

• both A and B

What Guys Said 2

• I find both genders have similar problems with this

• because guys have to be the initiators