Girls, I'm single and looking for a long distance relationship. What do you think, does it work out?

I'm 21, from Kerala, India. I'm doing my B. Tech 3rd year. I was wondering if a long distance relationship actually works out? And also looking for someone special to make it work...
Give me your opinions

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationships rarely work out unless the couple was first established as a regular relationship beforehand. I do not feel for anyone caught up in long distance relationships and even though they insist that the person they are with is the right one, almost always something goes wrong. The time apart from someone does not allow you to truly see how they live their day-to-day lives or how they interact with other people. It's often an eye-opener when couples get together to learn how they truly are in person.

Also, we humans feed on intimacy. We need to touch and have closeness with one another in our relationships. A long distance relationship prevents that from happening. Even if two people are secure and trusting of each other, that missing element is enough to hurt the relationship as we will crave it.

You're in India - if you are thinking of long distance outside of India you have to factor in the possibility of an immigration nightmare no matter if your partner comes to you or you go to them to live with permanently. It's not that easy anymore to pick up visas and remain in one country thinking you can extend your stay because you have a fiancée. If you are looking for long distance within India, you don't have to worry about this part.

I've been in a long distance relationship and it was horrible. He was in the US and pressured me constantly to move to him, and I refused. I wanted nothing to do with living in the US. He refused to move where I was and it was the core of all of our arguments of who would live where. Even the stupid idea of "meeting halfway" didn't work as it put us both in terrible situations of living far away from our own families. You'd have to be with someone who is totally not interested in being near her family or friends or wanting to live in her country anymore, or else it's you who wants to cut all ties with India and all of your family and friends there.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not a fan of long distance relationships. I like being able to see and spend time with someone in person. I'd make it work if I was already in a serious relationship with someone and one of us had to move for work, studies, or something, but probably not otherwise.

• Why are indians always looking for "foreign brides"?

• Why are you looking for a long distance relationship instead of dating women in your area?

• I just want to try it... Also I haven't found anyone bond with me nearby

• If you haven't been able to bond with women from your own culture, what on Earth makes you think overseas women will be more compatible

And you want a long distance relationship, not just with a foreign girl, but someone outside of India whilst you're still in.

This raises many eyebrows as to what your real intentions are.

• I've heard people use PoF nowadays...