Would you consider dating someone you've been friends with for a long time?

Would you consider dating someone you've been friends with for a long time? Why?

• yes
  • no
  • depends
I wouldn't mind some more input. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• In some cases yes, while in others no. It depends on my former and current views with my friend.

What Guys Said 3

• Been there done that repeatedly as for why well friends often make the best girlfriends or boy friends if you a girl lol. Because you already have a connection with them, history with them you both know each other well among other things.

• I would love to date someone like that because we already know we like each other and enjoy spending time together.

• No I wouldn't. If I become friends with them it's because I wasn't interested in them. I'm not the type to eventually have feelings for a person. I know almost immediately if there are sparks or not when I meet a person for the first time.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, those are usually the BEST relationships. Provided you had chemistry from the get go, of course.

• Yes but not my current friends. I only have one guy-freind and plenty of girl-friends. I'm not attracted to him and hell, he's even 4 years younger than me.

• Yes because I would have already known him and him me. We know our interest and dislikes. That's why I could date a friend (guy) that I already know.

• I did that.

• it all depends on how deep your friendship is and if you two will be better in a relationship than friendship and if you both are willing to jeopardize the friendship for something more

• Depends if I won't regret it or I can't see him more than a friend

• Yeah, I would