Guys, do you like girls you are seeing complain to you "you never contact me"?, and why?

• yes it makes my day
    34% (11)
  • no I don't like it
    66% (21)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like it because it comes off as needy and whiny. It also introduces a negative "never" and points a finger of blame by saying "you". Neither of those are very comforting to a significant other, and all it does is make them feel obligated to call, taking away spontaneity from them and can make them reluctant to do it at all. It's common for someone you love to get defensive, which inspires the excuses that are often used to respond.

Discussions in relationships are much better served when it's in private and when neither of you are angry or uptight about something. Adding positive words instead of negative ones are also helpful at getting your partner to listen without feeling like he/she is being blamed. For example, you could approach him with "You know I really care about you and enjoy talking with you so much, I wanted you to know you are always welcome to call me whenever you would like." You could add to it with something like "With you being so busy, I figured it might be a good idea you knew I was available whenever you were free to talk."

The above lets him know you're interested in him calling without putting pressure on him that might make him annoyed. Hopefully he will respond with more than "I know." before walking off, but at least you're giving him the hint that you also have a telephone you can answer just like he does.

What Guys Said 13

• no i don't.
    Why the hell can't you take contact? If you want to talk with him, talk with him. PLEASE don't be the girl that spend the night waiting for him to call, then cries herself to sleep because he didn't.

Take initiative, make a move. Show him h's dating a girl who actually does something with her life, and chases what she wants!

• It is annoying when they expect you to contact them first, yet they are the ones who want contact. You want us to want contact and so don't contact us to see if we want it and we don't so, you get mad because you want it but we don't and ok I am confused now.

• i'm confused about what u said.

what i said is simple: why guys always wait for girls to contact them? or only in my case?

• They don't "wait" they contact you when they want to. Maybe they just don't want as much contact as you do.

• If you want contact, contact them, don't expect them to contact you. If you can't handle it, find someone more needy.

• Yes, it means she's still interested

• Hard to decide, but the fact that she is complaining means that she misses her partner so it'sa plus. But in the other hand if she is complaining continuously then it would be annoying and this will ruin the relationship.

• Well I'd probably I don't want to seem smothering or needy. If it were up to me I'd be talking her to her 24/7 so I'd probably ask her how frequently she wants to talk.

• For me it's B. I don't like to speak for others but I think that guys don't like it when women complain about anything at all.

Just contact the person if you want to see him

• Because it is annoying. How would we like it? Why don't you pick up the damn phone for once and call us. So usually it turns most guys away from you contacting them.

• I really dislike when someone let's me do something that bugs them and they don't let me know, and even more so if later on they question me about it as if I knew it were an issue to begin with.

That feels like entrapment in a way.

• That's fine, especially if we are dating.

• I dont like it but in a relationship you can have complains about each other. Its how it works i guess.

• lulz people have lives

• If you're together then he'll probably just contact you when he wants to. You should be contacting him as much as you want and he'll contact you as much as he wants. It's not a reflection on the relationship or interest levels or anything like that. If you want to talk to him then just do it, don't complain that he doesn't initiate a conversation with you when you want him to without you having to tell him - as if he's psychic. That would be ridiculous.

• but always me begins the contacting part, makes me feel that I'm not important to him, and make me feel that i like him more than he likes me

• If I know I'm seeing a chatty girl who often contacts me then I feel comfortable not starting a conversation because I know she'll be back. It makes me trust that she's not going to ditch me. Now it could be argued that I'm taking her for granted but also that you're being too insecure.

• No, if girls don't like it when guys do it, don't do it to him

• what girls don't like it when guys do it?

• Girls don't like when guys complain