Is it a bad idea to go on a date with a guy that I've been friends with for a few years?

We've been friends a few years. He found out that I was interested in him, was surprised and asked me out. Now I am kind of second guessing myself. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• not bad... u can still b friends meanwhile... no? ;-)

What Guys Said 3

• It is a delicate situation but if you think you have feelings for him go for it. If you don't have feelings back out now you will only hurt him in long run.

• Friendships usually lead to the best relationships. As friends, you already have a general idea of their good and bad traits.

Its the nerves kicking in, you'll be fine :)

• Nope, sounds like a great idea. Y'all are already friends and like each other... win-win!

What Girls Said 1

• Not bad at all! Just try not to overanalyse things. (I'm not sure if you are, but what I'm saying is: Go with the flow, if it goes well then yeah, that's awesome! If not then go back to being friends.)

Good luck to you guys :)