They said they have it under control?

So its my mother in laws 60th birthday next weekend and my husbands two sisters were planming to take her out to dinner for her bday. Well they decided to turn it into a surprise and instead of having it be just the two of them they wanted to invite my mother in laws siblings and their families. I'm close to my mother in law so I wanted to be part of the surprise too meaning I wanted to help plan where the dinner was going to be and the time etc etc well when I asked my husband's sisters about being a part of it they just said they had it under control. I felt hurt about that and even when they planned on taking her out to eat just the two of them they never asked me to go. I feel really hurt because I thought my sister in laws and I were close and they viewed me like a sister but it seems like they didn't want to include me in this. I care very deeply and love my mother in law and I would have loved this opportunity to show her that. If they didn't want me included in the surprise how come they didn't at least invite me to the initial girls dinner with them? My husband finds it odd too.

What Guys Said 1

• I wanted to be part of the surprise too meaning I wanted to help plan where the dinner was going to be and the time etc etc well when I asked my husband's sisters about being a part of it they just said they had it under control.

What Girls Said 1

• You need to step up and remind them that she is your mom and you will be participating. That's that!