Do you believe in "soulmates" ?

Do you really believe that there's someone out there destined to be with you for the rest of your life?

Many said the believe in "the one" not in your "soulmate" what's the difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do like to believe there is one guy that matches me perfectly. We will compliment each other, he will be my best friend & true love. I only say this out of being optimistic, because I'm always approached by guys, all different in age, race, & intellect, who are only seeking sex, not a lasting relationship. So, to not become jaded & fall into the "all men are dogs" mindset I keep a clear, open mind that my soulmate is out there & we will find each other when it's our time.

People may find this crazy but believing in a soulmate has helped me to not settle for these scum bags & falling for the many games they play. I set standards & know my worth anyone failing to adhere to my wants are dropped & I move on to the next with a clean slate :)

• Hey, Thanks For The MHO & Good Luck In Finding Love :)

What Guys Said 23

• I don't think that there's just ONE person that you can fall in love with and make it work, no. But I do believe that there are special reasons that certain couples go the distance; there is some kind of undefinable "it factor" with those couples' connection.

• Well I should hope so as if they don't exist then my life is meaningless.
    I can't take nothing with me when I die so my life goal is finding someone amazing.

• You're my soulmate!

• I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

I believe there aren't coincidences in life. In other words, things happen for a reason.

I also believe that God knows everything. He knows who I'll eventually spend the rest of my life with, or not. I'm not going to go nuts trying to find the person. Things in life just fall into place sometimes.

Like I´ve mentioned, there aren't coincidences in life.

On another hand, how does one know they have found their "souldmate"?

I'd rather stick to being with someone because they are a great compliment to my life and loves me, vise versa.

• Not the definition of a soulmate. Soulmates exist if you open your spiritual being or side of yourself.

Soulmate means more, connecting on a spiritual level. Does not mean a mate.

• Soulmates would always agree but that isn't necessarily attractive. Often, what is irresistably attractive is something about the other person that we are not.

• only if you stay together for life I thought I found mine I guess not

• I couldn't care less, we all die alone so why should I find comfort in myth's such as these?

• No I don't think that. I'm restricted by location and time and all those real life circumstances.

• Lol no, I don't believe that two people are destined from birth to be together.

• I believe someone is going to educate me further about soulmates because I really don't

• No I don't believe in these stuff, my soul is mine and your soul is yours lol.

• Nah, it's just a term made to comfort people who clearly are going to have a very hard time finding someone to genuinely love them for who they are.

• No because I don't believe in souls

• yea sometimes but how do you really know if that person is really your soulmate?

• No, that's just something made up by romance writers and rom-com movie directors.

• Yup
    LLALALA

• I dont actually believe 'soul' but yes, i believe in you can find your mutual true love.

• Yes, but it takes time to find them as they can be anywhere out there Dude. :).

• Nope, I think too much emphasis is put on the Disney/hollywood Version of love

• I believe there are many -potential- soulmates. There is JUST "the one". There have been people who have dated only ONE person and it ended up being together forever, what are the chances out of BILLIONS OF HUMANS? Nahh! We just gotta look for those who are completely compatible with us

• Maybe... but I now realize we may have more than one, because A) falling in love is easy, and B) people whose spouses die can still find love again, so clearly "just one" is wrong. However, we should stick to one at a time! Lol

• No I don't believe in these stuff,

What Girls Said 20

• sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• Well, you can really know a lot about soulmates based on people's near death experiences and what it means for us.
    Here's the link to the article:
    www.near-death.com/experiences/experts101.html

Some of the things I want to highlight from the article on the soul's purpose here is this:
    Soulmates is a necessary component of soul development. Experiencers [those who had near-death experiences] identified the most important principals as:

1. That everything and everyone is connected;
    2. Recognition that the other side is home;
    3. Unconditional love;
    4. Support from both sides of the veil for our soul development;
    5. Lessons on reconnection; and
    6. That Soulmates is one aspect of individuals feeling connected to a supreme creative being.

Ahh I like the last part-supreme creative being. lol

You can peruse through the site and basically I think you would grasp an understanding about what life is really about.
    http://www.near-death.com/storm.html
    Search there for near death experiences to have a better understanding for what our purpose in life is.

This goes out to all you GAGers out there as well...

• Yes, I do. It may sound crazy, but I've met mine... He's I'm not even kidding the male version of me, and we have like this connection where I know how he's feeling by looking at him, and where in a crowd I can know if he's there or not by some sort of feel, and vice versa

• No, it's ridiculous, sorry. Logically it just doesn't make sense. With the amount of people on this earth, there are most definitely several that you could love with the same intensity... It's just the time, place, and situation that dictates who you end up being with!

It's not that I'm unromantic; I'm a very open and sensitive person. It just... doesn't make sense. What happens to the soulmate of a person if one of them dies? Is that living person just not going to fall in love with the right person? I don't believe in destiny, so can't believe in soulmates.

• Personally, I believe soulmates can be anyone, boyfriend, mom, sister, pet, best friend. However, I really do believe there is one person that is your "other half."

• According to Greek mythology, our ancestors originally had two heads and four arms until they angered the gods and were split in two, condemning humans to a lifelong search for their soul mates. Maybe that's why so many of us are looking for someone to make us feel complete. So I'd say that yeah soulmates do exist.

• i did. when i was young and dumb. lol. I don't know. plato made it sound so good.

• No... I don't.

• Ehhh, I believe there are individuals that you can be extremely compatible with. That can be multiple frogs. But a specific soul mate, that's a toughie. The couples that have maintained their relationship for an extended amount of time probably put in the work.

• Yes I do but not all soulmates are intended life long lovers.. Some are stepping stones in your life intended for a set time..

• No I don't, not anymore.

• Yes, I believe in soulmates! But I think its still a long way before I find him haha

• Yeah :) just haven't met him yet I guess lol

• Nope i do not.

• It all depends on what you believe. I think that the right time will come. I don't think that there's that perfect someone for you. I'm just going to let life guide me through.

• Yeah, I do :)

• Nope I don't.

• No, I don't.

• I can't believe in that because it hurts me. I need to be free and focus on myself and make sure I'm alright. If I do have a soulmate they'll come along but for now no I just feel like I meet so many people everyday and people may mean a lot to me and I will remember them at weird moments in my life but we always drift it just happens doesn't matter how deeply I care we just weren't meant to be

• Kind of. I guess I haven't met him yet.