Date asked me if my friends were settled down. Was there a reason for it?

I went on a date the other day which went great. The guy was 10 years older than me, meaning he is 34 and I'm 24. We were pretty much talking about everything, such as our families, education, careers etc.

Out of nowhere he asked me "so have any of your friends settled down?" I told him that some of them had while others hadn't and left it at that.

Why would he ask me if any of my friends had settled down? Was there a particular reason for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he was asking because some girls your age are married already, and some, are not. Since you were dating him, and he asked that question, I think deep inside him, he might have a purpose of dating you since that age (guys who are in their 30s) tend to get married already, or are looking for a partner to settle down with.

I had friends who were in the same situation as you, and I think the guys asked them the same question since some girls get pressured to marry early these days, or they end up marrying when they're much older, and the guy you were dating just wanted to know if you were surrounded with girls who were settled down or not to see if you were also pressured of the thought of settling down or marriage. I think asking you was just out of curiosity. :)

Who knows? Maybe he has some plans in store for you as both of you progress? :)

What Guys Said 1

• It is one of the most common things asked when you are in your late 20's and early 30's. Most of our friends are married or getting married. So it is a safe make-conversation question. Like asking a married woman if she has children.

• I see. Do you think there might have been a possibility for him asking the question since he's thinking of settling down too?

• No. It is just making conversation.

What Girls Said 1