Is this stupid to you?

Why is it that guys female friends expect them to treat them exactly the same as when they get into a relationship? Like come on of course a guy is going to put the feelings of his girlfriend before a girl that is just a friend. As adults when you get into a relationship you generally tend to look for the person you are spending the rest of your life with and they should come first. The reason I am posting about this is because my boyfriends one female friend always posts stupid statuses on fb saying when your guy friend disappears when he gets a girlfriend. Like she expects to be treated like the girlfriend and seen as much. Birch please

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not stupid. It's just called missing your best friend. I'm going through it right now. I know that I won't be treated the same as I used to be before my best friend got a girlfriend. Of course, even though taking that into consideration, I still have feelings. I miss my best friend a lot and it's not easy transitioning from him not having a girlfriend to him having a girlfriend. It hurts. Of course, posting it on FB isn't the smartest idea and I would certainly never do that, but cut the girl some slack.

I am very close with my best friend (obviously since he's my bff), and even though I know things have to change, i'm still just getting used to it. Now, if the girl isn't super close to the guy, then I understand, but seeing as how he's my best friend, then it's definitely a little different in my situation.

• In what ways will the friendship be different once he has a gf? I'm just looking for some examples so maybe I can understand a little better. I guess I just find it odd not to consider your bf/gf your best friend of the opposite sex I know I would be hurt if my boyfriend didn't consider me his best female friend. That would be the point of being in a relationship with him that he sees me as his best friend

• I like the girl as a friend, but not as his girlfriend. Also, he kept on asking me what he should do and whether or not he should ask her out and I constantly told him that it was not a good idea. Honestly, I don't care what the girlfriend thinks. He's MY best friend and he would do the same thing to me if it was about a guy I was dating. He constantly told me I needed to dump my ex-boyfriend and talked crap about him and was even with me when I dumped the guy. The only difference is that girls are cattier with these things.

I have a right to say whatever the hell I want and I did. You do not even know the amount of times he would ask me what he should do. If he stopped asking I wouldn't have given my opinion so much, but he asked me up until the night that he actually asked her out. I would even tell him that I was done talking about the matter if he wasn't even going to listen to my advice and even then he wouldn't stop. I like his girlfriend. I do. I just don't like the fact that

• they are dating. It's not for catty girl reasons. I have my reasons and I'm not the only one that thinks it's a bad idea. My best friend asked his guy best friend what he should do and the guy best friend also told him that it wasn't a good idea. I think girls just make a bigger deal out of things when it's another girl giving advice/input to their friend. If it was a guy, I doubt the girl (friend) would be as mad.

What Guys Said 3

• This female friend wants to be the center of his attention. She is loving his attention and does not like the fact he is focused on you. to me his female friend is a bit of a turn off, sorry I am not trying to be rude.

• generally all this thing with fb statuses... is kinda silly in my opinion :-)

• its not about how a guy treats his girlfriend and female friends... actually it's that this whole status thing is immature and stupid..

• I know right it makes it sound like she is obsessed with my boyfriend. Like calm down don't you have other friends

What Girls Said 3

• Airing feelings and hurts on facebook is stupid, but feeling cast aside by a friend when they get into a relationship is totally valid. Friends matter and they shouldn't suddenly become unimportant the moment you get into a relationship. If they were good friends, then she's probably pretty hurt and she has every right to feel that way.

• Yeah but to go and make a FBI status is immature and stupid.. just go to him and talk about it making a public thing about it is just inviting drama and makes it look like you are obsessed with him. Think about it people can have tons of friends but one partner at a time of course my boyfriend is going to spend most of his free time with the women he wants by his side and to spend their life together. We are serious.. no it doesn't mean you push aside your friends but in my experiences friends of the opposite sex geneeally become friends of the couple and your priorities shift.

• It is stupid haha.

• Just keep him away from her as much as possible it seems she likes him and wants to be his girlfriend im sorry to hear that it must be annoying