Why do some people act like having a preference is basically the same as spitting in their face?

I never get why a lot of people take someone's personal preference as if it were an insult. It just seems silly yo me to get all bent out of shape just because someone has a type that they like, but you don't fit it. Just yesterday I had a girl ask me out, but I said no. She asked why and I told her I'm more into short girl. I'm 6'3 and the this girl is nearly my height, so she's around 6 foot. Anyway she suddenly just flipped out and started yelling. When I asked her would she date a short guy her exact words were, "No, but that's not the point." Honestly after that I just walked off because I could see were things would have got if I stayed, but tht just shows how some people just can't handle other's perference even if they them selves have like a similar one. I've also come across people on GAG getting upset when a person says they're not attracted to black girls or something like black guys dating whites girls. I mean honestly why care if someone is not atracted to you because I'm pretty sure there are people you are not atracted to.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I've also come across people on GAG getting upset when a person says they're not attracted to black girls or something like black guys dating whites girls."

saying anything even remotely close to this will get you a good handful of downvotes. Usually, me just saying that i don't pursue black women that much anymore (even though id still date one) tends to get me downvoted quite a bit... yet a lot of these girls tend to have preferences of their own (sometimes racial ones too). It's a funny world we live in

• I know. If someone tells me that they wouldn't date me because I'm black l'd be like "Okay bye." But if I don it I'll have hell to pay.

• ya, well at the end of the day, you've just got to continue doing you.

What Girls Said 5

• People just get offended to easily in general.

• Well yes that was an overreaction. But I think people tend to get angrier than they're not what the majority would want as preference. Since many guys prefer the shorter guys and she clearly doesn't fit what many like, hence why she's angry. Same when a shorter guy gets upset... since he's not what many girls would prefer, etc.

I guess people don't like it if someone else reminds them that they like what's more common; hence why a stereotype is made.

• Because it tells them that they're undesirable, at least to you. And since she was intent on asking you out, she values your opinion. Therefore, her ego is bruised. Everyone likes to feel desirable. But to take it out on you is really immature and bitchy. You were being nice about it, she had no right to treat you like that.

• Oh my god seriously! It's annoying

• It's worse when people are hypocrites about too.

• Yeah! Seriously. It annoys the hell out of me lol

• Because people who have preferences like to rub it in the person's face of who they are not attracted to

• Sorry, but no. Maybe some do, but not most.

• not really

What Guys Said 2

• It's bad enough when someone doesn't prefer you.

But when that preference becomes commonly held I can certainly understand how it would feel terrible.

• as long as u RESPECT other person... everything's fine with me... keep yer prefs to yerself 8)