Do girls between 16 and 19 actually prefer guys who are between 20 and 25 ?

It's no secret that the guy is often older in a relationship, but would a 17 year old girl rather like to be with a 20 year old guy? I mean the guy will be a young man and more masculine than the girl's male peers.

I wonder whether a serious realationship would work out with this age gap in mentioned age range.
I doubt it since both would be in different stages of life.

Note : a relationship between an 18 year old girl and a guy who's 18 and older is legal in Europe

Note : a relationship between a 16 year old girl and a 20-year old guy is legal in Europe

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I am 16 years old and I notice that I'm more attracted to older guys. The guy I'm into right now is 21. So yeee. I can't imagine myself with a fuckin 16 year old. Too immature for me. And yes, if the girl is also mature, then the relationship would work. You know, some girls just date older guys because they have daddy issues, so watch out for that.. and actually they're still gonna be pretty close in age. Plus, the older you guys get, the less age is a big deal. Maybe if she's 17 and he's 22 but when she's 33 he'll be 38 so it's not that big of a difference.

What Girls Said 7

• When I was 16-17 I preferred if the guy were my age or at least below 20. Now that I'm 19, I don't really mind older guys in their 20s, neither would I mind 18-19 year olds. If I like them as a person then I don't think there are any problems with it 😊

• It depends on her preference. Sometimes when meeting the right guy age doesn't matter anymore so that could be she goes for guys her own age but it could also mean she goes for men 7 years older. It just depends on the individual girl, but yes most like older guys.

• I've always preferred guys close to my own age, even back then.

Maybe some teen girls do like much older guys, but those relationships would be illegal here and the guy could potentially get into trouble, if he's over 18 and she's under 18.

• I'm referring exclusively to Europe ^^ It happens here in Germany pretty often

• Things like that are more acceptable in Europe . I live in Canada.

• yes... girls are normally more attracted to older guys.. ya know.. maturity

• No that is gross unless you are around 18 or 19

• But even then 25 is a bit old for an 18 or 19 year old

• Right now I like someone younger than me so no, but I don't care much if the guy is older or younger. 18 is my limit since that's the age of seniors.. I think in general a lot of girls see older men as cool or more mature so that's why

• When Im 16 I'd prefer to date 17 or 18 year olds.

What Guys Said 4

• I am 24 and I am very much single. I don't know whether the girls actually prefer guys a few years elder to them but from my point of view, there seems to be no luck there.
    But keeping aside the sad story, yes a serious relationship could work out, if they truly like and love each other. And its' not because of the masculinity or the age gap, but due to the understanding among each other.

• Just turned 27 and my age range is anywhere 20s

• I don't consider that gap big at all!

• Yeah, that can happen