How should I treat this man when timing is bad?

I know him for almost a month and we were not looking for anything. We had few fantastic dates, I really enjoy his company, but I feel that he sometimes gets reserved and doesn´t contact me for few days sometimes. He told me that he likes me a lot and we have a very good chemistry. The thing is that his ex broke up with him in winter after 5 years of relationship. He mentioned that his life changed as he has a feeling he needs to catch up with everything he missed (he spends lots of time out with his friend and I think that this was supposed to give me a hint that he is also seeing other girls).

I don´t want to be selfish and own him. I actually want the best for him, but on the otherhand I wish for having a relationship with him. I told him that I feel very good with him and that I see goodness in him (also mentioned that I really liked how he handed certain situations).
I also assured him that I´m not pushing him anywhere and if he needs space, he can tell me and I will give it to him. We haven´t slept together, we were just kissing and making out during our dates..

I´m really interested, so please help me how to proceed in this situation. I don´t want to be pushy, but I also don´t want to lose him.

What Guys Said 1

• then better don't mention bout stuff lke this often:

"I told him that I feel very good with him and that I see goodness in him (also mentioned that I really liked how he handed certain situations)"

otherwise yeah this might b pushy :-)

• how so? I thought it is good to tell somebody that he is appreciated

• always? then he might assume it's a lie :-)

• not always, i just told him this at few occations

What Girls Said 1

• Give him time. You don't want to be a rebound.