Should you lower your standards and date girls you're not attracted to?

Hey ladies and gentlemen. Living in a military town as a single guy is tough. I don't go for girls that are out of my league looks wise, but I do like for them to at least be cute and someone I'm attracted to. I've noticed girls matching me on Tinder that I find quite attractive, but plans never really materialize, I suspect because they have so many options here. I still want to have a sandbox to play in and get some experience, so should I intentionally go for girls that are kind of meh (who I'm not really attracted to), ie. date down? I feel like I would be disgenuine by doing so, but I'd like to get y'all's take because it's sparked internal conflict.

Thanks,
Steven

Most Helpful Guy

• If all you want is sex, you could do that (but make it clear to them that that is all you want). But if you're looking for a relationship, just go for it with people you find attractive. Also try to get an objective take on your own current attractiveness (although it is subjective).

What Girls Said 3

• Stick with your standards! If you choose to "date down," it's not only being insincere, but it could also really hurt the girl's feelings if she picked up on that vibe. Plus it really isn't fair to you if you date down, because it could mess with your self esteem in the long run.

• I don't see the point of dating someone you're not attracted to

• Stick to your standards. Don't let loneliness lower it.

What Guys Said 4

• Have you ever heard the saying "you deserve better" and "don't settle for less"? Well in my opinion thats what you should stand by soldier.

• nope... keep yer standars bro... otherwise it'd b a "chore" more or less ;-)

• never lower your standards, but just be humble... date someone say your range, so if you are average, date a average girl and dont settle for less or aim higher,

• I don't think so..