On a date who should pay for dinner?

Who should pay for dinner on a date? Should the man always pay? Should the bill be split? Is it ever okay for the woman to pay? Guys if the girl does pay does it make you feel emasculated?

• The man should always pay.
  • The person asking for the date should pay no matter the gender.
  • The bill should be split.
  • It's okay to take turns paying.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, people give way too much significance to who's pay. In the end, it really doesn't matter. I think it's safe to say most of us are just about in the same boat financially. If you're a broke student, you're probably going for a date with another broke student. If you've got an established full-time job, you're probably going out with someone who also has a full-time job, maybe even a co-worker.

I can't tell you the number of times my friends have bitched to me about how a date with their boyfriend was 'absolutely dreadful' because he didn't pay. Or bitch about my own guy when they learn he didn't pay when that's the case?

Split it. 99% of the time, my boyfriend & I split the bill. Occasionally, like anniversary/birthday dinners or random times, he'll treat me. A little more rarely but still once in a blue moon, I'll even get the bill. It's a really nice gesture for a guy to pay, but if I'm going out to eat with you, I value your company much more than the size of your paycheque.

What Girls Said 9

• The man, but only on the first few dates.

• And the woman should give him sex on the first few dates too, right?

• Whoever asked the other out

• That's like saying "the man" 'cause women don't do the asking in 89% of cases.

• @crayven shoutout to the 11%

• It's actually 16% but studies found that around 5-7% of men who WANT women to do the asking will... spend their lives waiting... forever... for said women to do the asking because the "numbers" are not on their side.

• I don't mind to pay at all! Who wants to go out with me? my treat! and I'll even give you desert when we get home ;)

• who ever asked out the other person.

• the person I'm with cause i dont have any money

• He pays for me, I pamper him.
    At least that's how I like it to be. Lol.

• YOU should pay. Spoil your girl <3

• Take turns fighting is never an option.

• first date should b dutch.. second date i am impressed when the guy offers to pay or pays the tab

What Guys Said 10

• If it's the first date, the one asking should be the one paying.
    If you're in a relationship you can either split the bill or take turns paying.

• But I think first few dates should be Uniates by the man LOL.

• @WilliamWinslow Yeah, I like to be the one paying the first few dates, but I'll be the one choosing where to go. I don't want her to take me to a super expensive restaurant and then having to pay the $100 bill myself xD

• I was raised in an old-fashioned household, so I was raised to make sure you pay. Now I don't mind splitting the bill and stuff, but I think a guy should pay more.

• This is the proper etiquette.

1. The person (male or female) who invited pays entire check.
    A. The male has the option to offer to pay for her portion the meal.
    B. If accepted, the female has the option to offer to pay for the tip.

2. Separate checks

• Whoever asked for the date should pay. That's pretty messed up and rude to ask someone out on a date and then expect them to pay.

• I mean the person who asked for the date not the person who accepted the date.

• You didn't force them on a date. They accepted and they ate, so they should pay too.

• Guys should pay cause we have the provider role...

• First date - the guy

Any dates after, take turns and have it be the one who asked for the date

• Everyone should pay for their own portion. I'm not eating your food so why should I pay for it.

• I think whoever invited the other should be willing to pay.

Personally, though, I would offer to pay even if I was the one invited, or at least to pay for myself, but that's just me.

• me and my girlfriend both split the bill

• Take turns paying.