I hate being 16 is it normal that I feel that way and could it be that that's why I tend to date college students?

I visit my uncle in oxford a lot and live at the college and I feel like it's where I belong and those people seem to be the same age as me, but I keep remembering they are older and they keep thinking I am their age. Am I too old for my age? Can that be? Is that why the smallest age difference I've had with a guy was 4 years?

Most Helpful Guy

• You like older men. I don't think it's a positive mind set though at your age.. Being older doesn't always mean better. I know plenty of guys who date younger girls just bc they are easier in a way... Ask less questions and well frankly just less experienced. I feel as if you should find a guy your own age.. Not all hs guys are that immature and some are in a way like you.. I don't know though. Just most experiences I've come across, from male or female perspective, I'll intent was the cause of older dating younger. Just speaking from what I've seen thougb

What Guys Said 7

• You've grown to appr'eciate people who think more maturely. Don't forget to enjoy 16. Remember the lyrics from 'Jack & Diane? Oh, of course you don't that was from the early '80's. Anyway the line goes. . . ."Hold on to sixteen as long as you can. Changes come around real soon make us women and men."

https://youtu.be/h04CH9YZcpI

• 16/17 is that odd age you feel stuck in between the two worlds so I would not be in such a rush but that is my personal opinion

• I heard something about girl mature faster than boy or whatever so I think it pretty normal.

And it common knowledge that girl like older guys so yeah. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary here.

• Sounds like your not willing to give guys your own age a fair chance. Please note any college student will see u as immature will pretend to like you, will take u to college parties etc but is only looking to get his hand in the cookie jar, then its bye bye time.

• It makes me laugh this question, for every one hates being 16, when they are 16. But, as you grow older, the one thing you so wish is that you were 16 again.

so, enjoy it while you can ;)

• Yeah I know the feeling, I'm 18 and people keep telling me my opinions and personality is like a middle aged man haha

• It's ok I don't like being my current age either I wish I were a few years older and more established...

What Girls Said 3

• You will grow up, just wait haha.

• I wishhhh I was 16 again. Loved highschool. It was soo much easier. Did cheerleading, school was easy, everyone was nice, had a good solid group. Now that I'm out everyone's either having babies, getting married, or too busy with school to hang. Or they moved. Ughh you have it so lucky girl.

• High school is fine, i am popular enough, but i can't wait to get out. Start having actual conversations not about if this or that boy looked at her... So over it

• Yeah I get it. Hang in there. I wanted to go to college really bad too and now I wish I was in high school. We always want what we can't have haha

• You're physically more mature than the ave 16 yo.