Girls, Would you feel comfortable dating a guy like me?

So I do show a girl a lot of respect when with her. I can't stand laying hands on a women, which is why this girl I know frequently kicks my ass in Jiu-Jitsu she just screams and I instantly let go, I like to, like I find enjoyment in it, paying the bill on a nice night out, getting her something nice every once in a while for no real reaosn, and being a gentlemen. In a weird way, I find enjoyment in it and fun to me, basically. I love animals and am going to college to be a vet actually. I occasionally work out, mostly a runner though, love food, love trying new things, love art and history and museums, and I'm a heavy reader and a writer, going to college to learn how to be a better writer as well. I do want kids and love little ones, but not until I'm in my 30s, when I'm out of college and should have a life set up for the most part. I recently signed up to volunteer at the local animal hospital and really am nice and respectful.

Now nobodys perfect, and I have my own imperfections. First one being the way I am simply. I am from the city, the ghetto. I'm loud and very blunt. If I think someones, like a teacher for example, is a bitch I will flat out say they are. Have done it before and don't care. Just said in the middle of class, "You're a complete bitch, did you know that?" and walked out perfectly relaxed. I cuss a bit too. I know I'm stubborn and don't think too. I typically do what I feel and say what I want first, think second, if at all. I typically do stupid shit, blame it on my age or who I am, I do and am aware of it. I know what I do bad, am aware of the consequences, and can care less therefor. I sometimes block/hide/bottle/and just don't show my emotions. You kinda gotta wiggle it. I have a few trust issues and it takes a while for me to form a close connection, but once there you're a friend for life basically. Also, I'm terrified of spiders and deep water.

So would you feel comfortable dating a guy like me? Or am I just too m

Update: I'm way more street smart than book smart. I think textbooks are only useful in schools, books are good as a release of life, and my childhood in Chicago reflects that greatly.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I see no problem with you. Seriously gentlemen are hard to find these days so don't change that about yourself. As for the imperfections, none of those would be deal breakers. I actually wouldn't call it an imperfection to speak your mind. Being blunt about things is far better than sugar-coating everything

• That's what I think and was raised on. Nothing was sugar-coated for me. I was bluntly told things from my bunny died when I was 5 to being evicted from our home and the exact reasons why when we were 10. I still don't understand why they had to be as blunt and straight forward when I was a kid cause I didn't understand much of it until years later, but I am glad they did nonetheless.

• I wish I had been told things more bluntly as a child. My mom tried to shelter me and my sister from things like money problems, drugs/alcohol, how to deal with abusive partners, etc. So as I got older, my perception of the real world was twisted. I had to learn my street smarts when I moved out on my own the first time. It cause me to make a lot of mistakes and I had to learn some hard lessons. So it is a blessing in disguise that your parents didn't sugar coat things. It's nice to know that there are still guys out there who can be gentlemen and be street smart though ;)

What Girls Said 4

• I personally like bluntness, but I would tone down the language. Honey will get you a lot more than vinegar, and people still have preconcieved notions of a person's intelligence if they mouth off too much. You'll find life goes a lot easier when you learn to hold your tongue and speak when it matters. Overall, you seem like a nice guy though. :)

• I know to hold down my opinions and keep it clean when need be, say if I'm near children, job interview, around adults, or at work. I can keep it clean then. But when I'm with friends, it's an entire different story cause they know me and I know them and I can just chill

• Oh, then that's fine. I tend to get way crazier around my friends too.

• you sound like a very nice guy all the guys but one that i have dated cheated on me

• Sounds like every guy I date

• I think you sound great even the parts u think are bad but I like people that can be blunt and honest.