Guys, who texts first?

So I've been out on a few dates with guy, he's said that he likes me and he's met one of my friends and acted kind of like a couple in front of her.
But now I'm in that thing where do I let him take the lead and wait for him to message me etc... the chase or whatever?
Or do i message him first? Initate conversations?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• stop trying to play the game just text him when you want too

• Spot on, my current girlfriend texted me before I even woke up the next morning after meeting her. Kept my interest going otherwise I might have forgotten about her.

• honestly the game is only for women not for men
      men hate it most of the time

What Guys Said 10

• You're too old to be doing "the chase." If you want to message with him then send him one. The whole who texts first thing is super juvenile.

• Do what feels right and fair.

You can usually actually feel when you are sucking up to someone and they aren't treating you well.

Equally, you can feel when you're refraining from taking the initiative because you're scared of the consequences.

Be brave, but don't be a sucker.

• Don't text; call... You are over 30 and an adult. That's what adults do - they call.

• Take turns. One day he initiates, then the next day you do. That way you won't be confused about how he feals

• I know that I appreciate when a girl texts first.. It displays confidence, interest and indicates that she doesn't play games...
    It makes her more attractive.

Text him! 👍🏻

• You're thinking too far into it.

If you're worried about who text first then that in essence is playing games. Trying to get him to chase. Again, playing games. People don't seem to realize it but they play games left and right.

• Hmm these are not the games you are looking for.
    -Starwars

• You can text him first if you really like him... He might be only slightly interested in you. There might be another beautiful girl asking him out on dates. If you wanna play hard to get you're gonna miss the chance.

• girls should sense they have better social skills.

All that gossiping pays off!!

• i personally love when my fiancee texts me first and she will text me throughout the day i love you and i love it