Girls, If a guy you haven't talk to much asked you out dancing would you assume it's a date?

If in front of your friend he asked you (and just you) to go dancing would it seem like a date? Is basic swing dancing a fun first date? I'd really enjoy teaching her and dancing even if she was terrible it would be cute and really like her company and that she was trying. Even if it's the last day is this a good idea?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh... I would assume it was a date. But whether I would go is an entirely different story. It sounds like it would be way too awkward of a first date, especially if I don't know him well nor how to dance. We would lose the opportunity to talk and feel each other out on a personal level, so honestly, I wouldn't go.

• Music isn't that loud and I would be showing her how and it would be easier to see if we are comfortable.

• I still wouldn't prefer it. It's basically saying: show up to something you don't know how to do and work at it so you don't embarrass yourself. I'd be too focused on not embarrassing myself that I wouldn't want to go. That's me personally, I prefer one on one, relaxed environments for first dates. Maybe for a 3rd date, but not a first.

What Girls Said 7

• I probably would.

• I would, yes.

• It would seem like a date but would make an odd first date.

• The music isn't super lout and we don't have to worry about awkward dinner stuff. But maybe that's just me?

• it woulb be weird as fuck to me

• Really why? Is it a bad idea?

• yes. i would say no. because of the reasons i just explained to you. why don't you believe what I'm saying? you heard the opinion of a girl first hand, yet you still believe your opinions right and mine is wrong? really. just take her for dinner or somewhere else where you can talk first. a first date is about getting to know each other and finding out if you both want to go on a second date.

but hey, if you want to take her dancing go right ahead. don't say i didn't warn you when she rejects you.

• I was wondering if the dance itself is what you found intimate or the activity as a whole. also if your feelings about the guy would change it. brie only reason I wanted to dance was because it makes me comfortable and brings me out my she'll. I thought it would be easier to make her comfortable if I was too. But I see your point. I didn't realize I made it seem like I was disagreeing or wasn't open to your opinion sorry 😅

• No but I would feel like I would have to impress him

• Yeah it is a good idea, and yes it would be a date

• Yes i would assume that

• Yes no need for extra pressure then. Just ask and see what she says.