Why do girls want the guy to choose the place to eat on a date?

Why do girls want the guy to choose the place to eat on a date? If I don't have a preference and want her to be satisfied with the meal why can't I ask. I'll probably ask if she has any place in mind and if she says no then I'd probably pick just to keep the pressures off her. But do girls really mind if the guy asks? The point of the date is so she enjoys herself and my company why does there have to be petty rules?

Most Helpful Girl

• Women like men who know what they like, want and how to get it. That is a general rule. So in this case when a guy chooses the type and the place of the date that shows he is decisive. Moreover the place you choose says a lot about your character, your preferences and what you think of her. For example if you choose a nice restaurant it will show you are a more serious person. Where if you took me on a day street fair it would show you are a more simple chill guy. And if you ask me out and the day you pick me up or meet me somewhere to start our date, you tell me "So where would you like to go? " that shows me you gave no thoughts and you prepared nothing about the time you would spend with me. Not only that but puts me in a stressful plac. It won't necessarily bother me that you didn't choose a place or that you didn't make a reservation, but it would be a con. However my opinion of you won't depend on the place, but on you...

• What about him asking if you had somewhere in mind or a place your grazing and then if not he has a back up.

• Yeah but I'm about finding out what you like. But I can see the logic in what you're saying

• Yeah ofcourse but we have met before since we're going on a date and you might have got a hint of what I'm like and what I might like.

What Girls Said 4

• well, i think if the guy is planning to pay, he should have control over the restaurant, since he can control the price range that way...

but if you're the type of couple to go dutch, then the i don't see why the girl can't pick lol

• The price range thing is smart lol never thought of that. But what if the guy picksa small burger place it's good but like a whole in the wall place. Would girls like that?

• yeah haha :]
      and that sounds pretty awesome.

• it's fine to ask her what she wants but if she says she doesn't mind and wants you to pick then i guess you'll just have to know her well enough to know where she would like to eat too & also most girls like dominant guys and want them to take control

• Well a guy I met he asked me to pick up the place to go and eat since the city where we supposed to eat he was not familiar with the restaurants or cafeterias. At the end we could not see each other but he did ask me to pick up a place near my city

• Its not necessary my case. I would suggest a restaurant if he wants me to. No biggie ;)

What Guys Said 3

• I feel they want to know what you like for food or if you are listening to them when they talk about food. What you should try and do is to ask her what "type" of food she may want. Then you can decide the specific place.

• maybe they consider guys have better taste in food? : O

• It's a socially graceful way to recognize him as the dominant person.

• What if I don't care about being dominant. What if I just want us to both to have a good time.

• it's what happens when we've been conditioned since birth to behave in certain ways to conform to gender specific behaviors...
      It's the subconscious controlling what we have learned and operating on autopilot... No need for the conscious brain clot worry about body language...

Basically, it happens and at this point, I doubt you or I could change it very easily.