Do long distance relationships ever work?

I am interested to find out because I think I am gonna try one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, they can. It's not common, but it's not impossible. If you and your SO really love each other, the distance won't matter. Those who say that it does are just weak-willed. BUT, you have to REALLY put in the effort to make it work. The 3 most important factors into making an LDR work are:

1) Communication - That means NO playing games, you have to be even more open and honest with each other, and make an effort to talk at least once a day. Even if it's only for a few minutes, or it's just through text, still make the effort to talk to each other. If one or both of you are too busy to talk every day, then at least do it every other day.

2) Effort - Depending on where you live, at least one of you has to be able to both plan and afford plane tickets to see each other often. Or at least during holidays/breaks (if you're young and/or in high school or college).

3) An Endgame - At least one of you has to be willing to move out of whatever state/province/country you are currently living in, and either move to the other's location or you BOTH move to a middle ground (Ex: You, who lives in California, and your boyfriend, who lives in Texas, agree to move to Nevada or whatever).

What Guys Said 8

• Some people claim to have good experiences with them, but for me, they just aren't something I would want to involve myself with. There are plenty of awesome girls in the world, there is always someone living close by I can find to date. Why complicate things with distance?

• MOST of da times... nope 8)

• Maybe they would, who knows

• Mine did, but it was hell.

• Not usually

• For me, I need physical contact and sex, so, it does not work.

• it works out if both of them have no interest in pursing other people

• No it doesn't i had one and turned real bad

What Girls Said 8

• Yes! Though they're extremely difficult and can be very painful. You have to be completely trusting and find a guy who will trust you. I've been through several long distance that didn't work; the main issue was the guy lacking trust in me. I'm currently dealing with a long distance relationship and it does make life difficult. After my last one I said I wouldn't do it again, though I've been crushing on this guy for 8 years and can't pass the opportunity.
    That being said, my sister was in a long distance relationship for years and she and the guy ended up getting married and they're now expecting a baby. They've been together for almost 9 years or so, so they can work!
    There's no reason to limit yourself to the people around you.

• VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY rarely.

• Im not gonna say that there's absolutely no chance that an L. D. R can work out but the odds are against you and its rare. Who's to say its not worth it though? Most relationships where the couple can be face to face everyday dont even work out either! If you really like them then go for it. The distance will teach you to appreciate one another even more than a relationship upclose would do. You need to go into it realizing that you're going to be limited to the things that you can do with your partner though, and dont have unealistic ecpectations. Be patient and work together to spend time together and communicate (texts, web camming, etc) Most importantly do not let anyone tell you that your relationship isn't real. Only you know what you have with your partner

• mine is working pretty great..

• "distance meant nothing when someone meant everything". We never knew when and who we'll fall in love to, if it meant to be it meant to be 😊

• They rarely work.

• Yes if both dedicated and loyal.

• There are people who can make them work. But most of long distance relationships have a habit of falling apart.