How to deal with heartbreak?

I'm completely heartbroken after the girl of my dreams has cut me out of her life. I don't know what I did wrong. She's not replying to my messages. For the last few days I have been an emotional wreck. I'm depressed, I cry all the time, can't sleep, I refuse to eat. I'm a mess. I don't know how to shake this feeling.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only time can heal heartbreak, unfortunately. All you can do is try to stay busy and keep your mind focused on other things. The more alone time you have to think about it, the worse you will feel. As much as it hurts right now, life does go on. With time, hopefully you will start to feel better. Do you have any hobbies or things you enjoy? If so, you should focus on that. Spend time with your family and friends also. This is how I cope when I'm feeling heartbroken and it usually helps me.

• I live alone and away from my family. No, I don't have hobbies that I can pursue. Apart from my job I don't really have anything else to occupy my mind. All my friends can say is "don't worry" which doesn't help.

• Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry. There really isn't a "quick fix" to heartbreak though. As I said, it just takes time.

What Girls Said 2

• Ugh God me too. This dreadful feeling... sometimes I find, opening up and talking about to be helpful to me.

• You need to try to distract yourself. Time will help.

What Guys Said 4

• Just push through it man I was where you were 365 days ago. Just feel it. And be.
    This might help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOp-LmapC2s

• whoa dude... don't let a rejection bring u down... she's not da only gal... :-)

• Move on. Don't do those things to yourself, you're better than that. There are pleny of girls out there.

• The thing is I felt she was the one, she was my first girlfriend and I've invested so much time and energy into her. Plus, not having an explanation as to why she cut me out is doing my head in. I've sent her a few messages and she has not replied to me.

• Then give it a few days, maybe there's a good reason why she hasn't replied. But at least eat and keep yourself healthy. Maybe things turn around, and nobody is interested in a guy that can't even feed himself.

• It's been over a week since this happened. Her not replying is very out of character. Plus, she's un-friended me on FB. I am eating a bit better than I was but I don't have much of an appetite.

• It is probably not your fault, so dont' feel guilty about it. You probably could not have done anything to prevent her from living you. It means that she did not really love you. Someone else out there most probably does. So goodluck.