How to overcome anxiety when approaching girls?

I have a fear of approaching girls because I'm not exactly good looking and I feel like girls will not be interested in me as well. So I just want to know are there some ways I can get past this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey man! Don't worry you're not alone, I used to have the exact same problem as you did. Everytime I saw a girl that was attractive, I would sort of enter a stage of paralysis where I'm so hesitant to approach her that I die the f*** out 😂

But now? No problem at all. Confidence is 👌 and I can basically approach anyone that I feel like. This technique will not only help you with talking to girls, but ANYONE, doesn't matter if it's your boss, your president etc.

So first, start off by changing your beliefs system because it looks like you have trouble with confidence. How you think is how you behave (psychologically, scientifically proven), so I know that there is obviously something in your belief system that is telling you that you're not enough. What you need to do is:

1. Identify the belief (I'm not hot enough)

2. Question the belief and prove it wrong (If I'm really not hot enough, why have I had no trouble with girls? Etc.)

3. Replace that belief with a new one that places you higher (I am actually attractive and I have the potential to slay)

4. Keep testing and reassuring that belief , soon, it would be so strong that it would be unbreakable. (Bragging to others, proving to yourself in various ways)

This is a long process, but once you get this going, it's gonna be a leap that gets you to take off.

The second part is the much easier part.

Start off by talking to literally anyone you can find, it can be your mom, dad, granny, aunt, teacher, stranger on the street, your dog or even a ghost 😂 like anyone you can find I don't give a sh*t who it is just start a conversation and keep it going. Keep doing this every single day, hour, minute and naturally you'd start getting used to talking to everyone and it's like a natural thing you do. You won't find any difficulties or excuses that would stop you in the future because this is the person you've become, you talk to everyone! So it won't matter if she's hot/out of your league etc.

Trust me, these worked wonders for me and will probably be the best advice you'd ever get on this site.

Source (s):
    Personal Experience
    Proven scientific research of psychology
    Expert adviser

What Girls Said 2

• Re-evaluate your idea of the worst that could happen. She'd say no- that's the worst case scenario and you're giving it way too much significance.

• I think you are good looking... so now you just have to believe you are.

What Guys Said 5

• It's all about confidence my friend. When you approach a girl there's a 50/50 chance that you would get her number, It's a risk that all guys take. No one likes rejection but what matters is how you compose yourself after being rejected, maybe there's a reason why she rejected you, maybe she wasn't the right girl for you anyway. You just need to remember that there are millions of girls out there, why let one girl rejecting you stop you from meeting a girl who wouldn't?

• Get a drink down ya son, haha
    But honestly best way is to try and practice somewhere you won't visit again like a city or town ur at for a night out, that way u don't have the fear of any lingering embarrassment with people recognising u, alittle Dutch courage wouldn't go amiss though haha

• Hey man you are plenty good looking to be pounding girls left and right. you just have to realize you are better off then a lot of guys out there. Lower your standerds and get an easy girl just to boost your confidence then go for it.

• I can tell you are unique because of the name and pink Floyd pic just sell yourself man. Pussy comes a lot easier then you think.

• Just know they're insecure people like you.

• I learn not to approach or talk to them. Why I'm I gonna waste my time and hers? I know she'll just reject me and call me ugly.

• You don't know that, besides the exact definition of the word "ugly" varies from person to person. One girl might think you're ugly, but the next might think you're "sooo hot" or whatever girls say these days and may even approach you herself!

• @gomalley411 I've been called ugly but never good looking and especially not hot. So I've learned to get leave women alone.