Why does dating resist gender equality?

Gender equality has grown by leaps and bounds. We now have women ceo's accountants, heads of state, , etc (And that's great by the way) but dating has remained resistant. Why? Are there any guys (who aren't successful at all in dating) out there that don't want dating to be more equal?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's already been quite a lot of change in the dating game, girls initiating more, more equality in paying, sexual freedoms, etc. and I think it will continue, but part of our attraction to one another is in our differences. The masculine, and the feminine.

Also, while there are some female CEOs, politicians, etc. there's still a big gap there. It's no where near equal.

• But have you considered that some women don't want to be those things? And there hasn't been a lot of change because most women like the unwritten rules of dating and they don't want to share that power. Guys like the traditional dating game , but only guys who have had some kind of success with women

• The fact that a woman doesn't WANT to do those things is called a PREFERENCE.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what you're talking about. There isn't a resistance. Women are approaching men more and more than they were before.

Just because there have been strives in gender equality doesn't mean that people must give up their preferences though. Someone having a preference has nothing to do with equality. That's just what that person likes/prefers. That person may choose a different route if their preferred option is not open, but they don't HAVE to. It is their choice.

• It has nothing to do with preference because its been etched in society that if guys don't ask out, approach women etc. then they will 99% of the time end up dateless. As for women approaching, asking out etc,
      I always hear that, but I never see it. I'm in my 30's I have never met any guy who has said a woman approached him for a date, asked out and paid for the whole thing. I've been around the USA and I have never seen it so if it does exist, it must be on a very very low scale.

• It seems silly for me, honestly, I do think it should be equal too. But, as far as I've noticed, girls are afraid that if they approach and ask out first they'll be taken as being "easy" so they don't do it even if they want to.

• Equality and personal preference have NOTHING to do with each other. I don't know why people think they do.

• Boys are frightened.

What Guys Said 3

• It's against our instincts to be "equal" in the dating game, or just in general for that matter.

We can't be equal, because innately we aren't equal.

• LOL women approaching more? Oh they must only be approaching good looking guys. Forget the average, below average or ugly guys. But reverse the genders and well you know what feminists would say he's shallow. Now ladies tell me how right I am.

• I would like a lot of things that will not happen soon, equality in dating, less stereotyping, a kinder society, and better role models for young children. Will it happen any time soon? Only time will tell...