I want to end everything with him to avoid getting hurt. Good idea? Bad idea?

I have been hooking up with my best friends brother for the last 4 months. We did go out on a few dates, but I was away at school, so our relationship was just really casual and wed basically just hook up when we partied or when we saw eachother. But now I'm back in town and Im living with his sister so I see him all the time, since he lives ten minutes away. I have started to get feelings for him and I do like him. I want to stop being friends with benefits with him though because I dont want to continue hooking up and getting hurt in the end. To be honest I'm not even sure what's going on between us because we haven't talked about what we are or anything like that. Im not sure how he feels about me either... I want him to take me more seriously but I don't know if he will since we have already slept together:( But I have stopped sleeping with him but he always iniatates kissing me when were drinking or even just when were alone hanging out. So I want to end everything. I want to stop talking to him, kissing him etc. Good idea? Please help..

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean there are a lot of unknowns here... how were these "dates"? Who asked who out? Do you two talk at all sober? If so is it flirty good convo?

Its the guy's responsibility to ask the girl out but the girl's responsibility to make her feelings known. That's the system I've always worked with. Not to say it won't work if you were to ask him to start dating but most guys see it as desperation and most guys dont want to seem psycho or clingy by talking about feelings before the girl does.

If you have feelings for him then I wouldn't just give up... so I would attack it head on and tell him your not looking for a friends with benefits deal with him anymore... let him respond to that... if he cares about you or likes you then he'll say that either is he

• We had a really good time on our dates. He asked me out first. But we did hook up and have sex a month before that. We do talk sobber, quite a bit. It gets flirty and really hot sometimes.

What Guys Said 2

• This is too easy. You ask him where he see's the relationship now then ask where he see's it going. Then go from there

• if u slept together... then it doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings towards u... :-)

• I think he does have feelings but Im not sure if he want s to be together:(

What Girls Said 2

• You should ask him how he feels.

• I know but I just dont know how to ask him so its not awkward

• 4 month marker! You just want him to tell you that you are his world etc etc.
    don't dump him. He may actually want you to!

• But he hasn't said anything about that.. and Im tired of waiting around, and just doing this casual hooking up.

• He will be using you for sex. Most guys do and if he hasn't done something/ sacrificed something to show you what you mean to him, you have your answer

• He has and he hasn't . he's taken me out for dates paid. Gone out of his way to meet me etc