This is purely curiosity with me?

Have any of you ever had a long distance, out of state relationship with someone you met online? PLEASE tell me, how does that possibly work out? I don't see how it could. I'm not against it, but looking at the logistics of everything, I don't see how it happens. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was never (officially) in one, but I have a couple of friends who are. They met over an MMORPG and visited each other twice within six months, but when the guy got kicked out of his aunt's house (the job he had wasn't paying him enough to live on his own), he moved in with her in her state. So far they both seem happy still (I think they've been together for seven or eight months now), just working out the kinks of living together and probably being with each other everyday. They made it work when they were miles away because they were devoted to each other, enjoyed the same games together, and talked on Skype with each other everyday. Plus, it may have helped that most of their options came from the Internet as well. I know the girl did online college courses and she's not terribly outgoing, so she stayed inside a lot when she wasn't at work. The guy went out more I think, but he worked at night so he had more of a nocturnal lifestyle, which doesn't allow for a lot of the mingling you find in the day.

What Guys Said 2

• never yet. but the way i suppose it works.. you keep up with communication either everyday or a steady pace and have hopes to build towards something in the future, like actually meeting up. see the possible potential.

• So, you're saying that people get into relationships without even meeting in person at all? How could that even work out? Haha

• no idea, its just my best guess hahaa.

• Haha! Thanks.

• Never happened to me but lots of communication and if interstate plenty of visits maybe every couple of months.

What Girls Said 3

• I tried. Honestly it was me driving two hours each week to see him (his car was not trustworthy ) and the distance killed it. Maybe if he had been able to come down, but it was more trouble than it was worth in my case.

• Yes, it was the worst thing I've EVER done!

• Oh yeah. For some people they do meet and it works out.

I have not had any luck with them.