Do dating books actually work?

Like Get the Guy/ Girl sort of guides?
Can they be successful?
Have they ever worked for you? Or on you?
Has someone you know had it work for them?

• Yes they do work
  • No they don't work
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Books are a compilation of observations and knowledge of the author and yes hence they sure serve as a guide
    2. However, we need to acknowledge & accept that every situation with every individual differs & is different
    3. Books or reading material can serve as a knowledge base but using them as a thumb rule can be detrimental to our efforts since one example can well seem to be similar with a situation but the context may vary :)
    4. Use them as a guide for knowledge and act based on your observation and understanding don't use them as thumb rules :)

• Thank you again young lady for your gracious gesture of selecting my opinion the MH again and making my day :) <3 your kind gestures are well appreciated :)

What Guys Said 16

• Dating books?
    Eeeeeh I think it might be better to read them body language books than specific "dating books" but maybe it's just me lol

• I don't believe dating books work. Just like I don't trust online dating. In fact I feel like dating is the biggest waste of everyones time. Sorry but that is how I feel.

• Waste of time if you ask me, some of those books were written purely to sucker people out of their money. Experience is what you need, real life experience.

• They are scams. Nothing to them.

• At first I thought you said does dating boobs actually work lol
    They're scams they just wanna make money they don't only sell their books, but they have relationship advice camps and how to pick up chicks camps too and you gotta pay for that its all a bunch of crap.

• Moved from dating chaps to dating books huh?

Well, start with teen fiction, easy to read and can be a page turner.
    Maybe one day you will advance to some chuck palahniuk

• No I'm not lol
      My auntie is. She's so funny
      You think I'm petty, she's 35 and a whole other level. I do love her though lmao

• Bet you are!
      bet you have a copy of twilight, sat opposite the dinner table :p

Yeah I think we all know one person like that haha

• hahahha tons of BS there ;-)

• Practice makes perfect. Five in and start fishing...
    Some thing s do not require studying... Dating is one of those things.. Overthink a date and you ruin it... Go with whatever the night brings and end the day saying "best freakin date ever"!

• That is so true actually

• It is.. I think people hate the simplicity of it but the success of the human species is a testament to the ability of humans to score (guys and girls)... Instinctively, we know what we are doing... It's all the thinking that screws us up... Well, most of us... I sort of say whatever and go with it. Dating is fun... More fun than being married. I mean, bleh.

• I think it would help in a way i never done it and not sure if they would even work

• I'm sure you can learn from other people's experiences. But practise is necessary too.

• I just use GaG and bore you to death with questions #idbelostwithoutyou

• Don't know much about "Get the Guy" book but most of the PUAs (Pick Up Artists) are bullshit.

• I wouldn't have much faith in them but they may work

• I didn't try but i guess they won't work

• i tried several of them and i had a personal dating coach which helped me land my fiancee

• Ooh please elaborate! ;P

• What advice did he offer?

• a lot of good advice like how to approach women and how to keep a conversation going

• No they don't work, also why not just go get some real world EXP on this/that topic? because you won't know how to react to __- until you've actually EXPed that situation, right? i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

What Girls Said 4

• ok ill say that these kinds of books are merely a guideline based on the commonalities of human nature. one book can't explain the subjective experiences we have, but it can explain the emotions behind them.

that said. id say theyre good in a general sense but one shouldn't always live by the book.

• They do not work lol.

• I have one called 'How to get the perfect guy in 30 days'. It's pretty stupid, I didn't buy it.

• I think it's all generic answers