Why am I considered mean or shallow if I have high standards of beauty?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Its a case of personal taste but if you put down other people over looks then that is shallow or mean

• I suppose some may view it as an almost requirement say in a relationship, so it would feel they would leave once they stepped out of line or gained a bit of weight from being depressed. It might be the fact of expecting everyone to be perfect knowing you yourself aren't.

• You mean towards the opposite sex or yourself?
    If it's is towards the guys then as long as you are model like looking and have a nody like a sexy model... with everything perfect like boobs and butts and overall body... it's OK to have high beauty standards...

• Well I have attracted, attractive men before
      So.. I don't know

• There's a big difference between having high standards and specific preferences, and saying things out loud that hurt or put down other people.

• Whoever said anything about saying things to a person? You can think it to yourself

• If you were thinking it to yourself, other people wouldn't be calling you mean and shallow.

• I'm just saying it's what people would think if you shared those thoughts. People expect you to not aim to high or to think everyone is beautiful

• I have high standarts in beauty too this is why I try my bext to look bette but honestly I can't do much since I'm skinyn and have a crappy looking face. but I think its okay as long as you're good looking too. you can't ask for what you can't give

• You should work out and work on your game then

• I do work out but its takes years to get and amazing physique and my face looks like garbage and my game is okay I guess but as for your question you will get no judgement from me

• Because your standards are probably unattainable and you are probably not as nearly beautiful as your standards suggest. Are you skinny? Do you have a thigh gap? With big tits and perfect white teeth

• I didn't mean to write I in my question. I met to ask why people get mad.
      And but I will say a lot of people say low standards or average standards in looks.

• by the way I do have a thigh gap

• bull shit? Without a big ass it doesn't count

What Girls Said 3

• depends how high they are as well as what u think of yourself.

• Because people want to judge everyone for everything.

• Everyone judges but a good amount people have poor standards or average standards

• Beauty is extremely subjective and everyone has different views on it and usually feel strongly about them.