I really want to end everything with him to avoid getting hurt. He's not making an effort really. Good idea? Bad idea?

We have been hooking up for the last 4 months and he's my best friends brother. We did go out on a few dates, but I was away at school, so our relationship was super casual and we would basically just hook up when we partied or when we saw eachother. But now I'm back in town and I'm living with his sister so I see him all the time, since he lives ten minutes away. But we always hangout all of us, Also the priblem, because I dont know how to just get him alone. I think part of it might be he doesn't want to kiss me infront of his sister ut he has many times before. I have started to get feelings for him and I do like him. I want to stop being friends with benefits with him though because I don't want to continue hooking up and end getting up getting hurt in the end. To be honest I'm not even sure what's going on between us because we haven't talked about what we are or anything like that. Im not sure how he feels about me either... He hasn't been making that much of an effort to hangoutwith me. I want him to take me more seriously but I don't know if he will since we have already slept together:( But I have stopped sleeping with him recently but he always iniatates kissing me when were drinking or even just when were alone hanging out. So I just want to end everything. I want to stop talking to him, kissing him back etc. He's not making much of an effort and I really just dont want to get hurt. Good idea? Please help..

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of set the precedent when you fooled around with him outside of a relationship.

But, talk to him and let him know if he is interested in dating and a relationship you wouldn't mind. Be careful not to get stuck in the pattern of sleeping with him and allowing it to be a casual thing again because I think you'll just end up being hurt... again.

What Guys Said 1

• You're on the right track, thinking you need to just stop all intimate contact with him. Time to pull the plug on the whole friends with benefits thing, and realize that most guys will NOT take you seriously or respect you once they have had you in a friends with benefits arrangement.

What Girls Said 1

• Good idea. Go ahead.