Gained feelings for a man who is 14 years older than me?

I started working at a hotel as a front desk clerk and met this guy. He always came to the front desk when I was on shift to say hi and chat with my co worker and I. Within the last couple of days he started winking at me and stuff. He unfortunately was traveling for business and left back home this morning. Last night I slipped him my number and we've been texting a lot. He told me that he likes me as well. Is it weird that I have feelings for this 34 year old man and vice versa? It's not even that I am physically attractive to him because normally I would never go after someone like him (southern country) opinions?

we never slept together or had any physical contact so calling me a slut doesn't fit.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal.
    I've always liked older men since I was a teen.
    go for it, if he seems like he will treat u right

What Guys Said 7

• oh well... if he doesn't care about age difference... then u don't have to hesitate :)

• Based on the way you word some things and some of the terms you use I can tell you care a great deal what others think of you.

Only you can decide what to do here, lets make this as simple of a choice as we can. Just ask yourself what is most important to you...

1) Doing what you want and what makes you happy
    2) Conforming to social norms and the opinions of others.

• bad idea, forget him and find a local guy
    long distance is just too much drama

• You're an adult... do as you please.
    Keep your expectations low though...14 years is a large gap at your age.
    I'm not seeing long-term potential here, from either point of view.
    Doesn't mean you can't have a good run though.

• Yeah, its probably just a crush. Chances are that it would just be too hard to have a relationship since you dont live in the same area.

• 14 years... That's a bit more than my entire life!

• and?

is that illegal in your country?

What Girls Said 8

• no it isn't. don't worry. Look at Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. Anyways, don't worry--age really doesn't matter unless he's like 80 and you're 20. then you would be labeled.

You aren't a slut and wouldn't be even if you slept with him and dated.
    Just be careful. Some guys go for younger girls because they are more vulnerable to flaws in a guy.

• it's totally normal! just make sure he isn't married or something.

• I think its just a crush/admiration.

Just remind yourself he is married and probably has kids

• Not married no kids because he travels too much. 350/365 days last year he spent away from home

• When you were born he was already in his teens. His lifestyle, his experiences are completely different from you. He might be looking to settle down whereas, you are in your 20s and might want to explore the world or something...

• Unless he plans on moving there permanently, stop before this gets too complicated.

• I think thats is not right.

• I say bad idea also as 14 years is a lot especially u being 20 as u said he's is 34 i think as the saying goes there are plenty of fish in the sea lol

• just go for it!

• Be cautious that he's not married and cheating on his wife. You're too young to waste time being a mistress, as he sounds quite forward. Flirty men are often quite charming, but you have to cut through all the charm to see what they're really all about. If he really likes you, he'll want to get to know you as a person.

• He told my co worker and I he doesn't have a wife, girlfriend or any kids. Doesn't have time since his work makes him travel so very much. He always was super direct with me and never tried to charm or manipulate me.

• Anyone can say anything, don't forget. Most people who run around don't tell the truth. The winking is pretty flirty. Just don't get infatuated too soon and see what's up.