Dating someone younger?

I'm a freshman currently and I've liked this guy for a while and he's my best friend and absolutely amazing. The only issue is that he's an 8th grader. I've been getting so much shit for liking someone younger than me and hanging out with him lately. I like him a lot, but I don't know if everyone is right based on me dating someone younger than me? If I really care about him, is it okay to date someone younger than me?
P. S. He's taller than me even though he's younger. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• oh well... guess at these ages difference is very visible... but anyway i'd not judge u :)

What Guys Said 4

• Doing what you want to do is more rewarding than conforming to the opinions of others. So I would not worry about that. If you guys like each other so be it.

• well I dated a girl 4 years older... im 18 lol

please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• How much younger is he and what age are you?

• If you both like each other than why not. Don't let people give you shit and if they do, just ask them if the roles were reversed.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's fine!