Would you date someone who isn't religious?

I'm a Christian and I think I would, would you?

• I'm religious and would date someone who isn't religious
  • I'm religious and would only date a religious person
  • I'm not religious so it doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Its very dangerous. The ideal seems fine but the reality is different. 2 examples in my life. My current girl is somewhat religious. I am not at all and actually get angry when I hear the word "jesus", or the "Bible" Now her father passed away and she is obviously telling herself that her father is now in heaven and watching over her etc. But I can't return any of those expressions as I don't believe in that and she thinks Im being cruel. Its been a tough one. Another example, a girl that I really liked... became a reborn Christian and she went from cool (sending me rock songs and talking about Marilyn Manson etc) to sending me "have faith" memes and shit. Total turn off and lost my attraction for her.

What Guys Said 26

• I'm not religious and I only would if she was more moderate with her beliefs. I couldn't deal with the fire and brimstone types who see the devil behind every corner. I'm not a confrontational person so I'd rather be with someone that I didn't have to argue with all the time about how to go about things. I'd rather be with someone I'm more compatible with from the beginning.

• I'm not religious and I don't really mind as long as she isn't waking me up five in the morning for sermon on bed... I'm alright with coming closer to god on bed but not this way.

*pervy joke.

• I don't know if I could be considered religious, but I wouldn't really have that much of a problem in it, so long as they weren't all militant with their beliefs. Extremists are never good, no matter what they're preaching.

I believe that there is a god, but we've just been committing genocide for milenia over what name to call whatever being created the universe.

• I think people who are religious are great. I can date all spectrums, I like someone who is understanding and caring. As with the whole questioning moral beliefs when not religious by their significant other I think that is wholly for the individual to decide weather or not they should be in someones life.

• I voted C), although as a non-religious person, I'd prefer to date someone who is also not religious.

• I'm in a sticky situation, since my religion is hated by not only oter religious people but by non-religious people too. So chances are I'm probably f**ked either way.

• I think it's just your location in the US dude. I live in New England and people don't have issues with Catholicism like in some areas of the Bible Belt.

• I agree with redthread. I never saw the hate between denominations in Cali or the midwest really.

• I've never seen te hate towards Catholics or where I live anyway.

• Voted C. I wouldn't care if she was religious or not. Nor would I care if she wanted to raise the kids up to be religious or not. I'm an agnostic atheist from a Catholic family & if they're meant to be an agnostic atheist/atheist like me or not is entirely dependent on them as individuals. I don't mind either way.

• I'm not religious and I would prefer to date someone who is not religious. However, I don't like extreme atheists, just like I don't like extremely religious people.

• If you are a Christian, then you should take the fact the Bible says "do not be unequally yoked" seriously. We aren't supposed to marry someone without our beliefs, and so why date someone we have no intention whatsoever of even considering marrying? So no, I wouldn't date someone who's not religious.

• np i'm not religious after all 8)

• NON-RELIGIOUS? YES

AN ATHEIST? HELL NO. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO CALL ONE SELF AN ATHEIST WHEN GOD DOESN'T EXIST.

UNLESS GOD DOES EXIST AND YOU CHOOSE TO DENY GOD THEN BEING AN ATHEIST WOULD BE VALID.

LIKE AS THEY SAY "NOT COLLECTING STAMPS ISN'T A HOBBY" SO WHY CALL YOUR SELF AN ATHEIST WHEN GOD DOESN'T EXIST...

• deffo would date an atheist

please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• I, being a Muslim, would date a religious Christian or a Jew. It's not even a sin for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or Jewish woman in Islam. Dating is another matter, but I don't think it would change much in my behaviour.

• It depends on what you mean by "religious" - I consider myself religious but I do not follow any of the world's religion.

• I would definitely.

• Of course, because religion doesn't affect my life at all.

• Yeah why not

• Ideally, I shouldn't. However, it's not horrible if I do.

• Maybe but never someone who is anti religion

• I voted c, but there should also be a D option for not religious people who would not date a religious person.

• I'm not religious and I would rather date somebody not religious.

• Religion at all no matter.

• I believe in no existance of any religion

• I am a Christian, but i WOULD NEVER date a non religious girl. It'd be too lonely in heaven once we both die.

• i wouldn't date anyone who was religious.
    not being religious is a plus to me lol

• Oh fo' sho'

What Girls Said 23

• I'm not religious, so yep. Definitely. My boyfriend's Christian, but a "cherry picking Christian" he says lol. It's fine, and doesn't really come between us.

• Yes, I would.

• Depends on how Importsnt your religion is. If you're looking for a husband then consider do you want someone who prays with you, who teaches your kids the love of God? For me I have dated guys who aren't Christian but the feeling of a man getting ready for Church on Sunday with me is so wonderful! It's all about your values and what you feel is important.

• Yes though I'm not religious and the thought of someone trying to explain some kind of religion to my boyfriend is a funny thought. He would probably look at them like they are crazy. XD

I don't really like the ones that can't take no for an answer and keep trying to convince you that some kind of god exists. -_-

• I would date an agnostic or someone spiritual but I would not date an atheist again.

• Yes, I'm not religious. So, dating someone who's religious would be hard for me and we probably would end up having a lot of arguments.
    With someone who wasn't religious, things would be easier.

• I would personally only date someone who isn't religious.

• I could, I like seeing other peoples views on religion and other things. I'm slightly religious, I believe in God and I pray but I don't follow the bible or most religious/christian standards.

• I believe in God, I respect religion so yes I would date a non-religious person BUT that person MUST respect others point of view.

• I've got no problems dating someone who doesn't share my religious beliefs as long as they don't reduce me to mine or try to convince me to leave my faith.

• I'm not religious so it doesn't matter to me. Not only if the person isn't religious either, but if they do believe in a religion/god. My Ex is Christian and my boyfriend was raised Catholic but believes in the Greek God, Poseidon.

• My first boyfriend was Athiest and I'm Christian. It didn't bother us much and we stayed away from that subject but the fact that he wasn't spiritual and didn't understand where I was coming from caused a bit of irritation..

The guy I'm withnow is also Christian and I enjoy it because there's a sense of understanding and we have something in common.

I would date an Athiest again in the future though, its not that big of an issue

• If a guy told me he was overtly religious, I would pretend to be a lesbian and gtfo of there.

• I would infact I prefer that way

• I'm christian also, and sure I would.

• The Bible days not to date someone who is not the same religion. So no.

• I'm religious and I have before. I don't prefer it but I would if I really liked the guy.

• I'm religious. We wouldn't get along well.

• I'm not religious so this is perfect for me

• I am dating someone who isn't religious, I'm a Christain and have been all my life. I'm just praying that God will open his eyes and he will believe that God is real and he loves him!!!

• I'd only date someone who isn't relegious tbh

• I am religious and I don't mind dating someone who isn't that religious.

• I'm not very religious so yes