Did I get "friend zoned" by him or is there some hope?

I have been interested in a guy at my job for a couple months. We were working in the same department but now he works in a different department. We have become good friends and he wants me to go sky diving with him (it will be both our first time going). I have been trying to hang out with him alone instead of with other people at my job but I have been too chicken to ask him. He often jokes about all the boyfriends I supposedly have. Whenever he talks about how sleepy he is at work, I tell him he should stop staying up so late with his girlfriend. He then said no one wanted to be with him and I tried my hardest not to make it desperately obvious I am interested. So I made a comment back saying "I know for sure the lucky lady for you is right around the corner" to cheer him up since he acted as if he was sad. He made a comment that he was just playing (he was not upset) and he wasn't looking for anyone else because of he working towards his degree and other goals. He also said if that person comes along, he will not turn her away. I did feel disappointed and am afraid to even bother trying to pursue him. I would hate to become involved with him and he find someone else to be with. Should I just concentrate only being his friend or try to pursue him?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I know for sure the lucky lady for you is right around the corner"<_-- by this... i'd say u did actually :)

• I think you're right. As soon as I said those words, I felt like slapping myself lol

What Guys Said 1

• I would rather regret being rejected over never asking. I think you should go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• there is still hope!