Common q: Is it possible to be in love with two people?

I've heard of it, but this is the first time it's happened to me and I've always thought being into two people at once means you don't really love either... I'm not so sure now.

I just had my heart broken recently and that person left town.
Then, a few days ago, I spent some time with a close friend I once had feelings for - he had a girlfriend back then so I backed off. I feel like my feelings never got resolved and I've just been lying to myself. But, until recently I was completely head-over-heels for the other guy, and I've been hurting so I thought maybe it's just the stress/adrenaline from everything That's been happening with him as well as some other things going on in my life. However, it's been a few days now and I still feel the same about my friend - but at the same time I'm not completely over the guy who broke my heart...

Am I just tired and confused like I think I am, or am I in love with two people?

• You're heartbroken and confused, this is just a temporary feeling you have for your friend
  • You are torn between two men

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible to be torn between two guys, as I have been before too. But what I've found is that eventually one desire usually overcomes the other in that matter.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, it is possible for some people. Not all. 43% of women, and 57% of men, according to a study by the University of Oxford earlier this year. Those are the numbers that are wired for non-monogamy, and they are able to feel love for multiple people concurrently.

This isn't to say you will continue to feel that way for both forever, just as you cannot be guaranteed to love one person the same way forever if you are monogamous.

Since society is pretty much designed around monogamous coupling though, you will generally find people choosing one over the other simply because of practicality.

• common a: DEFINETELY

• yes it is possible. I was in love with 2 girls too lol i think its kinda natural and normal

please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• Yes. It is perfectly reasonable.
    Why not look into polyamory and see if that would work for you?

• @idkwtftoputhere

• @idkwtftoputhere

What Girls Said 5

• You are just torn but it's not love though.

• Yeah? But not of the same amount of love, I guess. There will always be the better one.

• No it's not possible

• Its very normal to be in love with more than one people. You put them in different places

• I don't think it's possible and neither is it right. It's not fair for either guy