How come girls don't ever return compliments?

Like on a dating site i'll be talking to a girl and i'll compliment something like her eyes, usually they just say oh thanks. How come girls won't ever say something in return?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally get really flustered when both girls and guys compliment me. Like, in my head I'd even rehearse things I'm supposed to say after getting a compliment, but I don't know, compliments just always catch me off-guard.
    Here are some things that run through my head when I get complimented:
    -oh shoot, is he/she being sarcastic? What am I supposed to say now? F*ck it I'll just smile. A smile's safe.
    -does this person really mean it? Am I supposed to thank him/her? But then they'd think I actually think of myself as pretty, I don't want to sound obnoxious. F*ck it I'll just say "thank you".
    -oh gosh this person is so good-looking, he/she prolly has seen better and doesn't actually mean it. F*ck it I'll just return the compliment. Oh gosh did I actually just tell him "you too"? Wtf is wrong with me?

.. so personally, if I don't return a compliment it's not because I'm being obnoxious or I don't feel as if you don't deserve one, I just get really flustered and nervous whenever people compliment me :P I don't know if that's the case for other girls (I know some just feel as if other people are obligated to tell them just how pretty they look) but I hope this helps :)

What Girls Said 10

• Dating sites are extremely different for men and women. When i was on there i recieved on average 40 or 50 messages per day and about 50% of those were generic compliments about my eyes and smile, 25% about my rack 15% "hey" and 10% so creepy and long or clearly a copy and paste job to every girl you find attractive that i would just delete it imediately. It comes down to attraction. If i saw the pictures of the person messaging me and i thought they were hot, i would respond. Im not saying that i went out on a date with every guy who i thought was hot, they had to impress me with their minds once i repsonded but initially it was looks.

• Because they hear comments like that all the time, so it isn't special anymore. She likely heard that exact statement and then got harassed or was left disappointed the men who said the exact same thing. Unfortunately, the guys before you likely ruined how special the compliment could have been.

Either that... or she doesn't find you attractive. It's a shitty reality, but it's true - we aren't always someone's cup of tea.

• I prefer to compliment a guy in a more genuine matter. Not that I'd be lying if I instantly complimented him back, but it might seem that I was almost forced to compliment him in return (you making this question kind of proves it)
    I'd personally prefer to receive a compliment spontaneously but guys are probably different so yeah. I hope this made sense.

• I have no problem handing out compliments to guys out in public. Fellas need love too.

• Once someone compliments me i won't do it back right away because i feel it won't seem like im being honest and like im just returning a favor instead of a heartfelt thought... also in my case i have colored eyes and its not unusal to get compliments about them.. not that i dont appreciate it but it does get sort of old so my response may not be very enthusiastic

• I usually return compliments if there's something obvious to compliment.. It may just be the girl you're talking to or it may be that there's nothing obvious to compliment. (I don't mean that offensively; I mean it like if you don't ever give them anything to compliment.)

• Most of the time I'm too surprised that someone complimented me and my brain fails to think of an accurate response.

• I usually say "Thank you, you too!"

• Cause it'll be weird and awkward. When you already compliment her she feels a little weird and it would make her feel even more weird if she says something back

• I know what you mean. You don't want to say it just cause he said a compliment, but I still think the girl could just wait and compliment the guy later on when he won't expect it.

• I always do.

What Guys Said 7

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif LOL because they're not expected too -_- think about it. We as guys are told to not only approach a girl, but to shoot her a compliment, then say the right words at the right time... while them, on the other hand, are expected to sit there, look cute, and giggle HAHAHH

That is why most guys don't say "Oh you have nice ___ also" call my bluff LOL

• Cause there's nothing to compliment you about.
    Also, please stop expecting compliments in return if you compliment someone.

• maybe they r SHY to return any?

• girls in general are too timid to compliment a guy unless its their boyfriend or someone they've known for years

• You're not attractive? It's just a possibility.

Or they don't really know you and so are weirded out by the compliment?

• Because they're selfish.

• Bcz they are compliments collector. Haha