Does it bother you if someone you just met and like keeps in touch with an ex?

That's one issue with a woman I just met.

Guys,

Does it bother you if a woman you like has a lot of male friends? I've always hear that this a red flag.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a good question. I would feel quite uncomfortable about it. Talking about anything related to an ex is awkward. I understand people do that because they want to make sure there ex is doing well and all, but seriously you can do that once in a blue moon, not every week (or whatever)

I believe the reason behind it is because 1. The two people broke up being neutral about it 2. they are trying to get there ex back or 3. that person hasn't quite moved on from the relationship.

I admit, i do have mostly guy friends. I share a hobby that kind of relates to men (so I believe). I have known them over a course of 2-4 years and I see them on the weekends. I don't go to pubs/bars as I do not wish to expand on having more male friends. The friends I have now is all I need. They treat me like a little sister, as I treat them like older brothers. It's been clear from that get go.

What Girls Said 2

• Personally, I have a lot of male friends because I work in a male-dominated field. I'm not fucking any of them (nor would I want to, engineers bore me). It's only a res flag if she says something like "Oh, I don't get along with girls for some reason,"

• I wouldn't mind. That's their business.
    But they would definitely never become anything more than a friend to me.

What Guys Said 2

• If they are genuine about being just friends that's cool with me. If some of them secretly want her, I feel okay with that too. Realistically there's a good chance they may feel that way. As long as I trust her and she doesn't spend a lot of individual time with one person, it wouldn't bother me a lot. Overall though I do likely see a girl having a lot of guy friends as a negative or a potential red flag. If she has an enjoyable relationship with them that is completely platonic, than I support that.

• yes it would... i be like... its either me or that scum bag.