Girls, how will it be a date and not just a friendly hangout?

So I asked this girl out but I'm wondering how would one discern between a date and a hangout?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I assume that any time a man asks me anywhere it's sort of a date. Two people going somewhere who would otherwise not be going there together to me is a date. If you want her to know for sure that it's a 'date' and not a friendly hangout, at the end of the night just say 'thank you for an awesome date' or something along those lines. You could always reference it in the beginning of the night, something like 'I've been really looking forward to this date' or whatever works. If she goes with it then you've got your answer. If she didn't think it was a date she'll likely say 'oh I didn't know this was a date'.

What Girls Said 9

• Flowers are old fashioned but a dead giveaway, and nothing, I REPEAT, nothing is wrong with being old fashioned!

• Do something romantic like bring a single flower to her when you go to pick her up for a date.

• Would it be too corny to give her the type of flower she once gave me as a joke (like she randomly plucked one)?

• Lol well thanks a bunch! And you're right I think :)

• I read a lot. I wish you the best of luck and guts. Go for it dude. :)

• The first thing that you'd do is clarify that what you two are doing is a DATE.

• Oh it's you! You have no idea how much you've helped me in the past T-T
      Umm so actually use the word then?

• Yes. Clarify it so that she will know your true intentions. I've had a male friend take me out for lunch because he wanted to catch up. It wasn't a date, but I knew this because he was gay. If he wasn't and he hadn't clarified, I would have assumed that we were hanging out.

• Hmm ok I definitely get you. Lol I'm not gonna lie though that makes me a tad more nervous. I've only been on one date before so I don't know I guess I'm slightly scared which I know I shouldn't be. I'll do this, though.

• If he puts in the effort to make me feel special :)

• Ok coolio, so what sorts of things would make you feel special? I think she already knows I like her quite a bit...

• Hmm yeah I getcha! I've dobe some of these things for her already, lol as well as forced her to let me by her medicine when she was sick... So I think she gets that I have feelings for her. I'll try to pick a good one or two for the big day :)

• You guys have a good time! Good luck on your date! :)

• well it really depends on how you asked her out.. and if you dropped any hints of you liking her then should would definitely think it is a date however if you have shown her that she's only just a friend then she'll think it's just a hangout.

• A hangout can be with friends and stuff, a date is more just you two alone spending time together, giving each other some tlc

• Oh cool, cuz hobestly I haven't been on a date in 4 years lol... But this will be just the two of us.

• Lol I kinda used to be overweight and then turned into a fitness junkie all of a sudden so I'm really still getting used to people being attracted to me...
      But okay! For sure, I'll do that.

• Your actions. Trying to hold her hand, kiss at the end of the night. More romantic.

• A date can be somethings romantic like holding hands or hugging. A friendly hangout is more about just friends.. with more people, no hugging or kissing, etc.

• being flowers= making it a date. or another small thoughtful gesture to show you really thought about this could held distinguish it. my boyfriend at the time now on our first date brought me a reusable water bottle bc I complained about how mine broke one of the first times we talked.