How to tell him I've never had a boyfriend before?

So I'm 24 and have never had a boyfriend before, I mean I've gone on a few dates but nothing that would constitute boyfriend. I recently started online dating and a guy asked me how long I've been single. .. and I have absolutely no idea what to say...
any tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• first off, as i understand from your words you're not staight. You've never really had a boyfriend, so this guy is asking you for how long you've been single, this is just to see if you're willing to stick to a relationship.. The response only depends on you! Do you wanna engage in a relationship? are you ready for it? then it doesn't matter what you say since you're showing the will to do so. anything like''i've been single because i don't really wanna waste my time on trivial relationships'' or ''never really found someone who's as interested as i am'' would close the deal ;)

What Guys Said 9

• Just say I've went on a few dates but never had a boyfriend :)

• Same I'm 25 and never had a boyfriend either!

Do you go socializing or are you one of those homebodies?

• I'm in the same boat. My only relationship to date was both online and long-distance (eight time zones). Lasted for eight months, but I'm pretty sure it's over now. I've questioned myself whether it'd be better to answer honestly about it or claim to have never been in a relationship if asked in the future. I want to be honest about it, but the circumstances were a bit different and I don't know how it'd be received.

• In your case, I'd say just tell him. I wouldn't find it off-putting, but then again I'm in a similar situation myself.

• Just tell him you've never been in a serious relationship because you haven't found the right guy yet, and you're not going to settle for anyone who isn't worthy. It's no big deal

• Be honest about it, its never a good idea to start something based on lies.
    There are a lot of guys that are in the same situation, its not that uncommon.

• there's no need to hesitate... he'd not mind :)

• Just say a while, you don't need to tell him if you don't want.
    If you told me you hadn't really ever date much i would take that as a positive thing :)

• Say this: "Ive never had a boyfriend before"

• I think it is not a bad thing, so just tell him that you didn't have a boyfriend before. if he likes you, he'll be more eager and more careful to start/continue the relationship because it's something important (my perspective at least, but i am really smart so it is most probably true :P)

What Girls Said 6

• You don't have to give him a point blank answer, leave some mystery. Something along the lines of - "Let's just say, I haven't got much experience in that area". Don't worry about scaring him off or him being displeased, you don't have to impress people you don't even know. If he doesn't like it, then you know where you stand and you can find someone who is accepting of it, which I think most guys will be.

• Just tell him! I'm sure he won't mind.

• Im on a similar boat and I never know what to answer when Im asked that question sometimes I even lie because people can really believe I dont have that kind of experience since it is normal in human beings. Im a very particular case because Im not young anymore and during my younger years I never dated or had a boyfriend before and now i like this guy I recently met who is similar my age but he is divorced and when he asked me what was my love history I had to lie to him and told him that I had a boyfriend but long time ago but now im single. Cause I know he won't believe me I dont have any kind of men experience.

• Tell him the truth. I was in exactly the same situation with my new boyfriend not too long ago and he was just shocked that I had never had a boyfriend before and wondered how that was possible. It didn't bother him and I doubt it would bother most guys.

• I'm in the same boat, so I don't have any advice, but thanks for asking the question!

• just tell him straihgt up. he won't care