Whats the big deal with the "Ex" rule?

If its your Ex then why do you care if a friend or other person dates your Ex... like its your Ex for a reason... I just don't understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe because that person is still in love with their ex. And I think it's more about respect.

If I knew you had a special relationship with someone and we're into each other, I--as what I consider to be a good friend--would like to give you a heads up and ask if you're comfortable with it instead of going ahead and doing what I selfishly want.

It's thinking about the other person/friend versus yourself to me.

• Thank you. It makes sense now.

• Even if you're not still in love with your ex... strong emotions leave big shadows, and seeing your ex can make those emotions flare up, which can be difficult. Even if you've gotten over someone, it can sneak up on you sometimes...

• Which is why you ask the person if they would be comfortable.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't want my ex to be talking to any of my friends, saying things like "do you know what he wanted me to do in bed?" Because she could say anything and how am I gonna know? I also don't want someone in a position to compare me to one of my friends. I also want to forget about my ex and how can I do that if she's dating one of my friends?

• if my X was an important person in my life... SURE i'd care :)

• Yeah I never got that. I mean I have to control over their lives so why should I care who they date?

• From their pov, this is someone they don't want to associate with. So if their friends are dating their ex, they'd have to see them around. Not really that complicated.

• This only applies to close friends

What Girls Said 5

• Probably because it'll be awkward when you hang with your friend and your ex is there too. I honestly wouldn't care though, as long as they ask if it's okay.

• http://www.lolsotrue.com/rules/2417.png

That's the way I see it.

• It's a respect thing. It's girl code, you don't mess with your really good friends exes.

• If the person had feelings for him/her they don't want to see them dating or having fun. It bothers some people or hurts them.

• I don't get it either.