Is it weird if your significant other won't ever sit up front with you when carpooling with people?

My boyfriend and I attend meet up events regularly and I usually give people rides if they live right in my neighborhood. Usually it's only one person besides my boyfriend. But I notice that every time without fail he sits in the back and lets the other person sit up front. I feel weird about this for some reason. He's very private and never shows affection towards me in front of anyone at the meetup. I don't understand why he never wants to sit up front with me. Am I overthinking this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It may just be a show of courtesy on his part for the person you're giving the ride. Although the whole "who gets to sit in the front" thing seems to be some kind of holdover from childhood, and when you stop to think about it -- what difference does it make where you sit in the car? Everybody's still going to the same place. On the other hand, maybe he likes the back because it makes him feel like he's in a taxi. LOL

What Guys Said 4

• it REALLY doesn't matter how and where u'll place yerselves... :/

• Sounds strange to me too

• That is pretty weird. He is embarrassed being seen with you I would think. Or maybe he dislike PDA.

• thats not weird i dont think maybe

What Girls Said 4

• It's not that weird.

• I think he's just being polite to the other person who is riding with you, I don't see the problem lol

• I think he's being polite... which is a great trait to have in a boyfriend if you ask me.

• My man will sit up front with me like a fukin man or he will join the friend zone like the fag that he is... hahahaa ahahaha lmao.. wish a bitch would..